1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Discussion in 'General' started by rd49, Apr 12, 2018.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You're 1000% correct. And I dought this year will be any different. Pittsburgh just has a will to win, which I respect. I used to be a big Pens fan back in the days of Lemeuix, Jagr and Coffey, lost it when Sid signed on. Never much of a fan...same as Stoner. Come to think of it, have you ever seen them together in the same place:D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

F@ckin' Caps couldn't win a game of chutes and ladders against a room full of 5 year olds. :mad:

and oshie couldn't beat up a no armed man, just quit trying to fight.

3. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Did you see how far he left his feet to hit Letang before the fight? Dirty fucking play. Again.

BHP41 likes this.
  4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You make your own fortune..
    Its not sheer dumb luck that ownership has put together great players to surround Sid and Geno. Alot of those guys were drafted and developed by Pittsburgh. Ownership is also willing to spend to the cap to keep or go after great players.

You can hate him all you want, but you're high if you cant see that Crosby is the best all around player in the NHL, not just a great goal scorer like #8

BHP41 likes this.
  5. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

FAWK..... Hope the B's can pull there heads out the shitter and win a game

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

What do expect from Washington, that’s how they play. Glad Wilson got 3 games but he should’ve gotten more, like a stick to the face from a baseball swing. They could’ve had Matta do it, at least he would have been doing something worthwhile then. Lol

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He also threw punches while Letang was down on the ice, which is a dirty fucking play again. No wonder Letang looked like he was going to kill him if he would have gotten free from the refs. No penalty for leaving your feet either...refs are killing this series with their bullshit calls and non/calls.

BHP41 likes this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't blame or condemn oshie one tiny bit. It was the only chance he had. Get your punches in and pray the ref breaks it up because within 10 seconds you're gonna get your ass beat. :D

Hey, at least he tried. :crackup:

9. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

"Great 8" lost a lot of my respect for the lack of effort displayed in the last couple of Olympics. Add to it the lack of success in the playoffs there seems to be a larger problem than just running into more skilled teams. Kind of pulling for the Caps in this one just cause they seem do and I would rather have the Bruins play them than the Pens. That's, of course, if the dam Bruins can get their shit together...:mad:

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

He had ZERO shots on goal last night..."great" players find a way to get it done in crunch time. He's scored a lot of goals but again those are individual stats. At one point in time they projected him to break Gretzky's goal record.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Caps had their chances in the third to tie but to no avail.
    Preds evened that series too. Them Jets are big dudes.

Never been a Pitt fan but I love watching Sid. Born to play.

12. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Nashville was trying that all Offense all the time, glad they finally woke up and played like they have for most of the season.

How bout that nub love save?
    Has anyone ever won the cup with out a few very fortunate and lucky bounces that could have gone either way?

13. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Yeah, puck luck has been strong at times for all the teams at various points. Goalies, overall have been amazing, nub save and a few other paddle saves have been game changers. Love this time of year. I think I only missed two games of the first round and have watched at least some of every second round game.

Agreed, the true greats will make their own opportunities.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thruth is, I don't hate him. I dislike the fact that his team beats the teams that I like. There's always respect.

15. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

OK...FFS....how does Marchand NOT get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty every time he licks someone...shit is disgusting...

badmoon692008 and MachineR1 like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Go Knights Go :clap:

17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

How the frak does he still have all his teeth? Surprised someone hasn’t beat the shit out of him during the season for that shit.

18. Sabre699

:crackup: Easier said than done. He's one mean little mofo.
    Rask is starting his playoffs gag routine...time for a change there. Wonder if Tim Thomas is available.
    Vegas is still on the march.

19. Sabre699

Caps put it to the Pens real good to lead 3-2.
    Jets pound the Preds and go up in that series.
    Bruins looking at elimination in Tampa today.
    Sharks on the bubble too.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is it over yet?