1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'stan countries solo?

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

True, you didn't beg, you asked somewhat politely :Poke:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Harsh man, harsh.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well hell, things have gone upside down for me. Found out I can't return to Italy for my flight home because I'm in Turkey and its a no-no Covid country, so I need to spend 14 days outside Turkey before going to Italy. Guess I will start riding to Greece and looking for some sunny beach towns to spend the next 2 weeks.

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Aw shucks . . . .

I don't know where you are flying out of, or where you leave your bike, but the island of Krk, Coatia, is quite nice. It may be a bit far north for you. However, if you are going to Milan, it can be enroute. It is a solid day's ride from Milan via autoroute. Or, it can be an easy day from the mountains, Ljublana, etc.It is late in the season, and the weather is probably turning cold in the north Adriatic . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

ya, its already cold WAY south of Croatia. Next time! Love Croatia. The wimmens dont have moustaches.

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Any bets on if this rear tire can make it the last 24o miles? Its got a HD tube in there. Gonna keep the speed at 60MPH max.

fucked.jpg

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No.

noles19 likes this.
  9. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Umm, that's less than optimal. Big bike, loaded, highway speeds . . . . At least it is the rear and not the front, so when it lets go, you'll have a bit more of a chance of crashing easily, or maybe saving it, provided the folks behind you are on the ball and capable of high speed emergency manuevers.

Think of the Bell helmets ad from the '70's: If you have a $10 head, wear a $10 helmet. You've got time to burn.I assume you can get a tire, even if it is not what you want long term. Tire cost? $200-300? What's your ass and the bike and gear worth to you? Res ipsa loquitor.

Cheers,

Dave

10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Only one way to find out :D

motion and MachineR1 like this.
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I've bought a lot of tires over the years, and I've never regretted buying one too early.

12. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

You have got to be one of the cheapest rich guys I've ever seen.

Scotty87, Sabre699 and DucatiBomber like this.
  13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

It has been my experience that most of the people I know who are 'rich' are cheap. Especially if they didn't start out with a silver spoon up their keister.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Fair enough.
    In this case, maybe I should have just said "stupid"?

Sabre699 and DucatiBomber like this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I wouldn't go that far, but I would definitely say that he puts his guardian angel through her paces! :D

motion likes this.
  16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not going to pretend that he is not capable of making incredibly stupid decisions, but do we know for sure that it's about money? It could be about not having to wait three days to get a tire, or something like that.

OK, even I don't believe that. :D

motion and YamRZ350 like this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dont be a pussy! Ride that bitch!

Nice chicken strips :crackup:

motion likes this.
  18. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Might I suggest a prolonged burnout to seal that hole ..
    Then wheelie out of the burnout so you look bad ass.
    Stan's ain't ever seen no shit like that!

Mike Lafayette and MachineR1 like this.
  19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Reminds me of a time when I was at my 3rd race weekend ever at Nelson Ledges. @rugbymook had told @PistolPete to look out for me during the practice day since he wasn’t going to be there. I made a horrible decision with tires on a wet track. @PistolPete caught me going out and said:
    “Nothing good can come of this.”
    Being a fucking idiot I went out anyhow.
    Pete helped me out of the ambulance when I came back in and being the stand up guy he is didn’t say a word and helped unload my bike off the crash truck. :D

motion, YamRZ350, YamahaRick and 4 others like this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Some of the best stories are the result of bad decisions. :D

cav115 and DucatiBomber like this.