1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sportbike Suicide

Discussion in 'General' started by Marcmcm, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

First I've ever heard of someone doing this, happened yesterday near me.

Sportbike Suicide

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Waste of a perfectly good motorcycle and damn I feel for the truck driver.

3. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Dude had a wife and son? Hard to say it's a suicide without toxicology reports.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Exactly!

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There's got to be an easier way that doesn't also involve screwing someone else's life. Jumping off a bridge comes to mind.

6. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

That is a lot of work going into suicide....

I feel bad for the truck driver, but that young mans family too...

7. cgordon3

you don't have to be drunk or high to commit suicide...

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think the point is that toxicology reports might show it wasn't necessarily suicide, just drunk driving.

9. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

ban motorcycles! It's for the children.

10. Windshield

Windshield Well-Known Member

That guy should have just sucked on his bikes tailpipe and went sleepy night night. That way the bikes still good and there's no mess to clean up.

11. cgordon3

Yeah... In all honest not sure which is worse...

To drunk to know he was going the wrong way, or doing it on purpose...

12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

A woman tried to do it at the drag strip here. She got in a fight with her boyfriend and said something about ending it. She got on a built 1000 and held the throttle to the stop until she hit the sand trap. She was pretty banged up but pulled through.

13. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

People always try to apply rationale to suicides.. but you can't do it. Suicide by its very nature is an irrational act. Suicide is ALWAYS the wrong (permanent) answer to a short-term problem.

Really sucks for the truck driver. Good friend of mine is a sheriff here and was involved in a suicide by cop. The hell that guy goes through every day now as a result is awful.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know this how? By talking to every person who's ever committed suicide?

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Either way suicide is no solution, his kid has no father and his wife now a widow with all the bills and problems he failed to face..

Its sad....Had a friend do it with a shotgun and I wish I had seen it coming to try and prevent it.

16. 1000RR

1000RR 3D Racing

Suicide may seem irrational to those of us that haven't been to a dark enough place to think it's rational! Have a best friend (which is still around btw), that has gone far enough into those dark regions, thought very seriously about ending things, this was during his Cancer treatments. He had a good enough support system to pull him out of it but in his mind at that time, it was a very rational option! And today, although he wouldn't do it, he understands very clearly how someone can get there. The rest of us just won't ever understand that - which is a good thing.

Very sad for the Trucker and all the family and friends affected by this.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I was under the impression that he made a generalization about everyone who has ever committed suicide, not just this particular case. Maybe I got confused by words like "ALWAYS"… ;)

18. 418

418 Expert #59

:stupid:

Not everybody's moral compass is the same.

19. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Poor bike. RIP

20. :up:
    Even on the bike, Im sure that he could have run in to something hard with enough force to kill him. It didn't have to be another vehicle.