1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spinal Surgery

Discussion in 'General' started by In Your Corner, Jan 6, 2020.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'll be getting a lumbar spine cyst operated on and figured someone here has had it done.
    Wondering what to expect. Lay it on me.

2. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I can't help you out on this specific surgery. But, 4 months ago, I had a micro-discectomy done. Outpatient. I can live now, whereas I was on the floor pretty much every day crying my eyes out in pain from the herniated disc. Still not 100%, but getting better as time goes on. The doc said I'd be able to do everything I could do prior to getting hurt. I think he was a little optimistic on the timeline, but I am still getting better. If you have to do physical therapy, do it religiously. It helps to build up your core muscles. While I was apprehensive about my surgery, things have improved greatly over the last 10 years.

3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Best wishes old man.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Ditto. I know nothing about it, but I hope you come out OK/normal/whateverthedefinitionofnormalisforyou.

5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

having read many previous post from the OP, this cracked me up :crackup::crackup:

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Spinal implant?

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nah.....that's Clarence.

R Acree likes this.
  8. In Your Corner

No, he just has to clean out the cyst where it's compressing the spinal cord
    and making it very difficult to walk. I have severe sciatica which takes the strength
    right out of my leg muscles. I also have severe neuropathy in my legs so between the
    two things it's tough. One of my doctors described my gait as "Frankenstein with sea legs".

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wishing you the best for a successful outcome.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sucks but should be a pretty simple one. Hope it helps out!

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Good luck, wishing more comfortablness in you future.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I had a discectony in sept of 16 it eased the pain off some but never fully fixed it. I will be going in for a inter lateral fusion of L 4/5 on the next few weeks due to disc degeneration (almost completely gone) and spinal stenosis . No sciatica here pain goes to my private area and feels like testicle pain. Imagine living with this pain for 3 years. All nerve pain

13. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

Sending Good successful Vibes, my Brother

14. In Your Corner

I had the surgery at 7:30 this morning and it was a piece of cake. I'm home
    now and ready to waste my night here. This morning I could barely walk with
    a crapload of pain and now my legs work again and, aside to the surgical pain,
    the sciatica pain is all gone. The surgeon said my spinal cord was compressed
    to about 25% of the space it should have. Things couldn't have gone better (unless
    I had gotten a nurse that provided me with a Dear Penthouse experience) and I
    may even be less crabby now. Dealing with a bad back doesn't put you in a good mood.
    Thanks for the well wishes, they seem to have worked.

All ya'll come over and hang out on my lawn, it's cool.

scottn, A. Barrister, R Acree and 3 others like this.
  15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I'm glad it went good for you. I've been dealing with a horrible back for many years. I'm afraid to get it fixed and lose my excuse for being an asshole.