1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spa experts - opinion on Costco spa

Discussion in 'General' started by tjg412, May 18, 2012.

1. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

I'm considering buying this spa from Costco made by Evolution Spas. I've not found anything via Google that was a big red flag but I like all the advice I can get. I do realize I won't have some of the personal service I would buying from a local dealer but I already have a good relationship with my local pool/spa guy so I can get service if needed so that's not an issue.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11672071&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|50126|87124|4640&N=4047223&Mo=14&pos=0&No=3&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4640&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC33047-Cat87124&topnav=

2. BC

BC Well-Known Member

7k :eek:

Sorry, thats all I got.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

O/T but the other day I noticed that they sell coffins at my local Costco, lol.

4. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

I wouldnt stress too much about it. Costco specializes in providing high quality/large volume merchandise.. at real wholesale prices. The generally dont sell cheap or low quality shyt. After 7 years and about $30,000 spent as a Costco member.. I've only been disappointed enough to return two items. A $149 HP inkjet printer and a $139 Keurig coffee maker. Their "lifetime satisfaction" guarantee makes sure you are happy with your purchase no matter what.

That said, this is a huge purchase and bigger than any one I've ever made there. I've bought a $4000 HDTV from there before and $3000 3pc leather furniture set (completely sight unseen) and both were absolutely outstanding values at the time. Items so high in quality I still have & use both in my living room several years later. Still get compliments on them too.

I generally pay much attention to user reviews, which kinda sucks in this case.. as theres only 1 review. But the good news is the review is VERY detailed & positive. The only con listed.. was learning the instruction manual on how to use the damn thing. His advice basically says make sure you hire an electrician/pro installer to get this thing working right. The review also states that the person has previously ordered a spa from a dealer.. and that the Costco purchase turned out just as well or better.. while still saving $1000's. Its a big jump of faith.. but spending upwards of $10K on a spa from ANY dealer is a big jump of faith. Do some more research, talk with your local guy to make sure support is guaranteed.. and go for it if it feels right.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  5. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

6. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

Ours is very similar and it will def be one of your best purchases if you use it and know how to keep up with the chemicals.

I would highly recommend to actually sit in the functional spa before purchasing, as ours only has 2 'king' chairs which are by far the best seats. The other seats are kind of a waste for us b/c we dont always have 5+ ppl...

For my wife, the seat in the bed area where your feet go, is her fav.

Easily adjusting the water flow to the jets, radio, lights etc (as in this model) is extremely important.

The one downside that I see with this spa (and ours) is the speaker layout. When you want to hear the sound with all of the jets on - you wont be able to talk if you are sitting by speaker...

Also, check the power and weight requirements in where you want to locate the spa before you purchase.

But, that looks like a pretty nice spa...

NOTE: Movers will not move a spa.

7. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Daekwan nailed it. If Costco sells it, you are getting a great deal, product and customer service if you have any issues. I trust them 100%. And no, I don't work for them. :D

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Where the hell is the BBS resident pool boy?

Is he at banned camp?

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

sleeping in someone's
    RV

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Make sure the spa you get is less than 6 months old. They had some shell breakage issues from the "StrongBond" resin they use. They had to add more supports and more resin.

We make this type of resin where I work and have dealt with them before. We just had a couple people come back today from visting them.

I had more info typed but thought better of it. Strong does make a good quality product, but I do not like the shell rigidizing resin they use.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

11. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

:crackup:

12. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

:D

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Oh yeah, as far as the spa, it is a piece of shit. I don't even have to know who made it or where you are buying, every self contained spa I have seen is junk.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

The key words here: "if you use it"

I've had one, & know lots of people with them. I literally gave mine away, & again, know several people that have.

Turns out, their a great novelty for about 3-4 months, & then it starts to wear off.
    Eventually, they won't even get filled, & you'll be thinking about better shit you could've wasted $7k on.

Now if you're a young dude, who has lots of parties, and/or chicks over.....that $7k couldn't be better spent!!! :up: :up: