1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sopranos

Discussion in 'General' started by kaoyagi, Jun 10, 2007.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Why are you people so upset about something as trivial as a TV show?! There's really important things going on in this world that needs our attention. Like am I the ONLY one here who hasn't forgotten that Paris Hilton is still in jail?!

2. pmoravek

pmoravek Well-Known Member

Well played, Sir.
    :beer:

3. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

You are all missing it, it's very simple if you follow the show. Tony got whacked. He's dead. The reason why it went blank is because you never hear the one that gets you.

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I don't believe it. I think they left it open for either more seasons or a movie.

5. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Once again, Frank gets it right. I dig the ending! :up:

6. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Very good Frank. They even brought that up last week when Bobby got killed. I owe you a beer.:beer:

7. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Can I get a Shirley Temple? :up:

8. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Anything you want, Jay.

9. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

So in the end, nothing happens. Tony and his family eat a cheap meal. The whole time you think he's getting arrested or whacked, and then nothing...

10. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

:stupid:

Just got off the phone with Comcast and when I told the woman I wanted to cancel HBO she laughed and said she already knew why. She said they're getting a lot of phone calls to cancel HBO tonight already.

11. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

What a rip off! I can't believe I wasted all those years for this type of ending!

12. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Damn, Frank couldn't have made it anymore clear.

13. Knarf Legna

OK, I'll take it. Remember the last episode of last season when Sil was eating dinner with Torciano?

14. Knarf Legna

There's another level, too, just as there are always deeper meanings to what's happened throughout the series. Everyone was predicting the ending to the series - everyone wanted a definite close. Chase & Co. showed that just like you never hear the gunshot that kills you, you didn't hear the ending of the series. Absolutely brilliant.

Music has been such an important part of the series. The song playing at the end says it all, right here:

Working hard to get my fill
    Everybody wants a thrill
    Paying anything to roll the dice
    Just one more time
    Some will win, some will lose
    Some were born to sing the blues
    Oh the movie never ends
    It goes on and on and on and on

15. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

Frank nailed it.:beer:

Doesn't mean I have to like it. I deal with slef important, psuedo intellectual BS all week long. I dont need to be worked over on my off time. If I invest my off time watching some god dang cable series every week (oh wait, forget the year off they took), I want to be shocked and awed and entertained, not teased and fucked over and treated like some semi literate rube who cant comprehend allegories and what not.

Mark this down as surpassing Sienfeld in the HOF of shit endings. :tut:

16. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

It was a perfect ending. I was sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for someone to shoot him. I was just to stoopid to know it happened.

17. RockRocks

RockRocks head goober

if it was a perfect ending, people would be going 'god damn! I cant believe what just happenend! instead of cancelling their HBO

18. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

It will come to them and then they will tell their just as idiot co-workers and feel real good about themselves.

How many here will go to work tomorrow and act all educated and crap, pretending all along like they knew what the hell happened? I am.

19. Knarf Legna

Tony knew he could never please his mother no matter what he did. Chase knew he could never please the viewers no matter what he did. This gets deeper and even more brilliant the more I think about it.

20. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

I'm happy Frank for the first time since my Mom beat me with a stale loaf of Italian bread when I was eight.