1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Son of a B!tch

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Richard Lesher, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

2. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

our legal system leave something to be desired.

3. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

I knew it was too good to be true, they wouldn't go away so easy. hope eventually common sense prevails. Just means we'll all have to cuss them out even more during dinner

Not that I like the solicitors, but just a thought--when the gov began clamping down on tobacco, didn't they subsidize the growers so as not to legislate them out of their living? --does that line of thinking apply to these folks (gawd I hope not)

4. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

I agree there should be constitutional protection for the right of free speech. But I also think there should be protection of the right NOT TO LISTEN. This is all about the right not to listen.

5. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

Since when does the Right to Free Speech mean the right to call you whenever they want? :mad: I kinda doubt that's what the framers had in mind... I can tell you to stay the hell off my property (as in door-to-door salesmen, etc) but I can't tell you to stay the hell off my phone? I have been told that if you ask them their name and tell them to take you off their list, they have to, but I never stay on the phone long enough to talk to them...

6. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

the sad/ironic/funny thing is that the telemarketers will probably get ahold of the defunct "do not call" list, and start the phones a' ringin....

:rolleyes:

7. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

How is it so difficult just to hang up on the buggers? While maxxing and relaxing on vacation a couple of weeks ago I probably got 15 calls a day. I pick up the phone and say hello...there is a short delay while the dialer clicks to the telemarketer and I hang up. No big deal. Don't talk to them don't tell them your not interested just hang up!

2 seconds out of your life.

8. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

it looks like maybe the right to personal freespeech ( ei the right to be left alone) may yet win out over corporate free speech

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

So I'm outside and the phone rings and I run to get it, or I'm taking one of my rare naps and the phone rings, or I'm eating diner and the phone rings, or I'm trying to watch racing and the phone rings (well forget that one, my sat system flashes the number on the tv screen)...

If I want to buy something I will call them. Leave me alone...

10. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Sometimes telemarketing calls can be a lot of fun.....

When they say is the woman of the house is available?? I say she's not, can I have your home number so she can call you back at home. Then they hang up.

My favorite....is when the fraternal order of police calls for a contribution. The conversation can last as much as fifteen minutes. I try to be as curious to the officer as possible, but when "jimmy boombots" suggests a $250 dollar a month contribution I quickly realize this could be really expensive. It takes that long to let them know I can only afford a one time contribution, for $10 or $20. Re-telling the story to your friends over a couple beers is priceless!

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Tom Mabe, the comic genius behind "Revenge on the Telemarketers", offers this suggestion:

Telemarketer call

:D

12. punkrockrob

punkrockrob Well-Known Member

I have lots of friends who have been in and out of telemarketing jobs solely because the jobs are easy to get. My one friend is actually getting unempolyment from them. anyway, I don't like the government imposing that much authority on anyone. I kinda saw that whole bill as a band-aid for all the sh*t that is happening these days wtih the economy and politics and they said this be good campaign propaganda next year. anyway I don't have a homephone, just a cell phone and I never get telemarketing calls on it, I don't even answer it if its a number I don't recognize. I just wait for the voicemail.

13. mad brad

mad brad Guest

f@ck telemarketers.

it's MY phone. paid for by ME.

14. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yep!! And when I tell you not to call my house, don't ever call my house again!!! We got 5 calls from the same # in one hour the other night...kept ignoring it and then Michael finally picked up...they haven't called back since. :D

15. Juan T. Norelco

Juan T. Norelco Rico Suave

I ask the chick if she wears panties and what color.

16. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

and if it's a guy you inquire about his thong?

17. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Anyone else get telemarketting voice mails? I get home to find messages on the tape, then I have to sit through the telemarketter sounding like he's my friend "hi there, its Bob here...just wanted to let you know that we were doing a special deal on panty-liners this week, thought you might be intrested, well, let me know, I'm on....."

bastards:mad:

18. Juan T. Norelco

Juan T. Norelco Rico Suave

I'm no gay caballero! I hang up on them!

19. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

I kind of enjoy them. Couple of strategies:
    1) "Wow that's great, glad you called. Can you hang on a sec?" Then just put the phone down. Hang it up 10 minutes later.
    2) Take over the conversation. Start asking them a bunch of questions, where the call center is, how long they've been there, what's the weather like, blah blah. Keep at it long enough and they'll hang up on you.
    3) Got one a few months ago, winked at the wife and started to do #1. All of a sudden she gets right next to me and starts screaming, "Is that a woman??!! Is that one of your girl friends??!! You miserable cheating bastard, you lousy son-of-bitch!!!!" I was stunned for a second until I realized what she was doing. So I started screaming back at her, "You stupid f!@#ing c$%nt, I'll kick your lousy no good ass into the middle of next week!!". We went back and forth like that a couple of times until we could take it anymore and started laughing our butts off, by then the phone was long since dead. Lotsa fun.:D

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yup,

I have a digital and it triggers something and makes them think someone live answered, so I get them trying to pronounce my last name and then hello?....hello?....hello?...damn..click.

David "give-it-up, you will never get it right trying to read it"