1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something new in Iran?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Orvis, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Well, it appears that we have a deal with Iran on their nukes. Or do we?
    Does anyone really believe that Iran will stick to their agreed to plan? My skepticism is on high alert to say the least. Obama sure does love to stick his neck waaaaay out like this so I guess in his world it's "go big or go home." If Iran screws us Obama will be in negative numbers on popularity.

http://news.yahoo.com/secret-us-iran-talks-set-stage-nuke-deal-045356533--politics.html

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Obama is getting played like a board game.....again.

3. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

The Dems needed to change the subject and point to a symbolic victory purely for political reasons.
    Former UN Ambasador Bolton [a hawk] said it was complete capitulation to Iran
    Republicans need to focus interest on imploding Obamacare and they will get elected...

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What do you guys have to offer as an alternative? What's your plan?

5. Ganja Dude

Ganja Dude Well-Known Member

No plan other than kill/nuke them all and let Allah sort them out. No need to look at who has overthrown who's government, and who hasn't attacked anyone.

6. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Nothing. There's nothing to be done about their nuclear program short of conquering Iran and installing a puppet government. The Iranians will just merrily chug along with the program and have a working and deliverable device within a decade. Covert action and sanctions are the best we can do other than a full scale war.

It's a great deal for everyone, the Iranians get to look like less of a rogue state and reduce the economic consequences for their country while giving meaningless concessions and plowing ahead with their program, and Obama gets a political victory and looks statesmanlike. Maybe they'll give him a Nobel Peace Prize. He and his inbred circle of cronies can also masturbate each other to sleep over their diplomatic prowess, there's nothing like a good circle jerk after all.

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Nothing new here. The sand rats are playing us like a fiddle again. This will not play out well. I can see them continuing to work on building warheads in North Korea or even in Iran. Enriching uranium will continue.

The hardliners will return to power again. Ali Khamenei is sitting back laughing, and being patient.

What should we do? Continue to tighten sanctions till they can't breathe. What will Israel do????? That is the question. But I hope I know the answer to that. And I hope it happens sooner than later.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  8. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

let me guess, you were high on that "good good" when you wrote this! :rolleyes:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I could be wrong, but I think it was sarcasm.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The UN Non Nuke Pac was signed by Iran. Since they're not suppose to be pursuing nuclear weapons in the first place there is the case that they can be forced to stop their actions or, if it's a peaceful plan, allow UN inspectors to go anywhere they want to in order to insure that they are following the rules.

Personally I don't have a problem if Iran wants to use nuclear energy to help power their country however, We have to face the fact that Iran hasn't shown themselves to be very trustworthy in the past so they have to be watched like a hawk. My biggest fear is that they will secretly continue their push for WMDs just to drive Israel out of existence. They would be stupid to do so but they may be crazy enough to actually try it if the conditions are right.

I do agree that the path that we, and the rest of the world, was on wasn't working very well.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Has Israel signed the nonproliferation agreement? I always assumed they had, but never actually checked.

13. SGVRider

They don't want nukes to use them. They want nukes because as a state sponsor of terrorism, they can then do whatever horrific act they want and get away with it. The US won't attack a nuclear power, and they know it. Nuclear weapons also assure that they won't be targeted for regime change, overtly or covertly.

14. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Let Isreal deal with them. Can there be just one world problem we arent expected to handle? Isreals the one all worried about it, they can use some of our old tech to blow shit up.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You may be right. I would bet however, that if Iran used a nuclear weapon on Israel, or any other country, they would be paying a very serious price for it in the form of a nuclear strike. Just my opinion of course.

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I agree with you but I don't see any way that we can withdraw from that part of the world and leave them to their own devices. If nuclear weapons are interduced there it could very well grow to a worldwide event.

18. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Rebuild our Civil Defense [shelters]
    Let Iran have nukes; we already have Trident subs with MIRV warheads, B2 bombers etc.
    Besides, if I were a foreign country I'd want nukes too---the US does not pick on countries with nukes....

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Pakistan and India both have them. They hate each other and haven't used them. Plus Pak isn't exactly unfriendly to terrorists and I've never heard any talk about them falling into the wrong hands.

20. SGVRider

The Iranians aren't idiots. They're not going to nuke anyone, they don't want to commit national suicide. All the Mullahs want is to fuck their 8 wives, eat caviar and live in opulence. What they can do once they get nuclear weapons is use their proxies to step up attacks against the US and Israel. Their possession of nuclear weapons changes the calculus for response. They could bomb US embassies around the world with impunity and all we would do is lob a few cruise missiles at them.