1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somali pirates

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by stickman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Am I too understand the success of a military mission has now been perverted into Barry somehow eating another baby? :crackup:

2. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Yes but now he's at least cooking them first. :D

3. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

All things that go wrong will be blamed on Barry. If things go right, it will be twisted to be wrong and blame Barry. We've had 8 years of expirience watching the lib's do this. We'll get it right for them.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yeah, but you'll be informed that the libs were doing it because they're sophisticated intellectuals, the conservatives will be doing it because they have low IQs.
    By the way, stick around long enough and Buster will fill you in on how the military operates and thinks.

5. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I applaud Barry for his swift action in this case let's not forget that the SEALS are part of the military that Barry's people have been calling women and baby killers for the last few years. They probably flew back from a civilian killin in Iraq to Va Beach to get their flippers before they dropped in and killed the innocent pirates just trying to feed their families. :rolleyes:

:D

Got some bashing in there. :p

6. Triumph#207

Triumph#207 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that the military are trained not to think - just to follow orders without question. Many examples on this board of this including the obvious example of Doug and others that have been so indoctrinated that they still can't think objectively for themselves even when out of service.

Just thought would mention this:D

7. joedogR6

joedogR6 Well-Known Member

Wrong.....especially with any SOC team or member. They look for extreme self reliance and ingenuity with an appetite for physical and mental duress. The ideal force recon or seal team member can operate completely independently if need be to complete a directive. They dont want robots....they want extremely intelligent and driven killers.:up:

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I hope I am missing the sarcasm here!

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Words cannot express the total disdain I feel towards you at this moment.

BTW, this is NOT sarcasm.

10. Sage871T

Sage871T Well-Known Member

I have to say, (not to sound bloodthirsty, except for terrorists) but when I heard the SEALS got the drop on these scumbags, that really made my day. Personally, I think the sniper story is fake and the Navy is protecting their real swim and sneak operational tactics. My 2 pence.

11. joedogR6

joedogR6 Well-Known Member

Sounds alot more like standard operating procedure....

12. CrashKing

CrashKing Well-Known Member

:up:+1

13. Buster

Buster Well-Known Member

Best/only tool for the job.

He doesn't have to seek out any props...they come with the job if it goes well just like the criticism would have come his way if it hadn't gone well.

The mission at hand was to save a hostage, not any of this other stuff you're talking about.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant in post #147. Either way, I take your point that helo's operate on ships routinely.

Obviously they need to operate and think differently for different situations which is my point. No need to turn everything into WWIII just so we can win the news cycle and silence the critics on AM radio which does absolutely nothing for the hostage.

By the way, you are dying to tell us your IQ aren't you? Go ahead, what is it?:D

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I was in that crazy nuclear program where we were required to think on our own and didn't have to follow orders we didn't agree with(when it came to operating the reactor plant). ;)

15. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

We really need a head beating against a wall smiley. You don't want the President involved, but you want the military involved because they are the best and only "tool" for the job?? :Poke:

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill 999.

I will say it's proportional to the size
    of my dick, which is well above average.

But don't take my word for it, ask your sister.

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I was listening to the radio this morning and people have been concerned about pirates attacking the large cruise ships. They said that the cruise ships aren't too concerned because very few go through that area, they have guards onboard and they have a sound system over the side that can emit high pitch annoying sounds that will repel boarders. I thought that was interesting.

Must be the Celine Dion CDs. :D

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I think you can tell us your IQ. Don't worry about 999. I would call 911 and send them over to 999's home, a high IQ is not necessary to predict a suicide!

999:Poke:

20. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I say we put an amphibious assult ship on station with 6-8 preditor drones. They see a boat full of those skinny little pirate f#$ks leave a ship....we launch a hellfire... at the ship. Once we distroy all thier mother ships thier effective range basiacally nothing. We know WHERE the ships come from. I bet that after ten to fifteen of the mother ships get destroyed (and we can only hope they go down with all hands) things will change.

Or..... we distroy a Pirate village (hopefully kill all the inhabitants as well) for ever attack on a US flag ship. Either villages stop providing safe haven or they die. Simple terms even a pirate can understand.