1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Somali pirates

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by stickman, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

you send the Marines? :D

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Exactly, they wouldn't have missed the forth one.:)

3. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Excellent job! SEALs do rule. :up: The crew of the Bainbridge or whichever ship was towing the pirates' craft must have been in on the kill shots, too. From what I've been reading, in the darkness, they slowly lessened the towing distance between the two vessels to give the snipers the perfect angle for the shots. They also probably allowed the craft to move in between the wakes to steady things up a bit. Wait for the three heads to show at once (combined i.q. of about 32) then b.r.a.s.s. Glad I was proven wrong on this. Oh yeah, did I say, SEALs rule!? :beer:

Yeah, and the other nearby ships probably positioned themselves as well to further lessen any swells and to knock down any wind. That whole thing was well planned by everyone. Well, everyone except for the deceased. :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  4. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

LOL!

They already did pirates in on the "shores of Tripoli", right? Gotta give others a chance. That's part of hope and change? :D

5. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Awesome! :D

Yeah, the new working relationship between SEALs and Force Recon. :beer:

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

This hurts me more than you guys :), but I've got give Obama some credit for having the balls to give the order for the military to do their job. We can hope that he won't back off his resolve to deal with the pirates and their threats. :up:

7. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

:stupid:

As conservative as I am, man, so far I'm really impressed with Obama.

8. Super Dave

I'll give him credit for going ahead with a logical and rational response to a threat. Otherwise, he's still got a lot to live up to. Still don't recognize where limiting pay and firing CEO's is Constitutional.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

SEAL Team six (or whatever they call them now) is busy in the sandbox. Wonder which Team did the deed on these numbskulls?

10. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

US Navy 4, Pirates 0. Pirates vow revenge, I say bring it on biotches!!!

11. Steve Karson

Steve Karson Tcasby is my Bitch !!

They didn't miss the 4th one, he was already off the boat and in custody.

12. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Coulda been some of the top snipers brought in from Six. I read they HALO-ed in near the Bainbridge and were picked up in the water and brought aboard. Can't wait to read the book on this one. :beer:

13. Crashfest

Crashfest Guest

It is at 30 yards. The Bainbridge was towing the lifeboat to calmer waters. Previous to that the closest they got was 300 yards where they had little chance of 3 head shots.

The lifeboat was about 25-30 yards away and was being towed by the Bainbridge at the time, he said. The pirates had agreed to the tow to move the powerless lifeboat out of rough water.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,514719,00.html

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2009
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why, did BO do something?

15. Super Dave

The pirates were using physical force against an individual and a company. One of the few charges of US government is to protect its citizens from unlawful force. No need for a vote, and you know it.

16. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Balls for what? Plausable deniability? Notice you never heard him say that publicly before hand? Now, lets say a shot goes wrong and the hostage was killed. Would he have authorized it then?

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As soon as you produce the death certificate, I'll work on finding an attorney to represent you.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Just the fact that the action to kill was taken meant that the President signed off on it. I kind of doubt that we will ever hear the President give an order like that publicly so we only hear about it in the news after the fact. (as it should be.)

19. 88/532

This is true. 300 yds in rough seas would be hope and a prayer. 25-30 yds in smooth water is .45 ACP range.

This does not discount what those SEALs accomplished. Tactics and ability prevailed.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  20. 88/532

I know. Sorry you missed the humor.:Poke: