1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So who are the Adv riders here?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, Mar 19, 2018.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Didn’t they just get another blizzard Wednesday?

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

FOH with that BS.....lol....I wouldn't walk some of those sections let alone ride them! LOL! (Brit you're certifiable!) :crackup:

Britt likes this.
  3. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I haven't kept up with it that closely, but I've read that there's going to be a bumper crop. Long delays in opening many of the passes.

4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

It's going to be interesting to see how it shakes out. He should not keep his wallet in the tank bag.:rock:

Britt likes this.
  5. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Before I die, I am Determined To Live....

Wingnut likes this.
  6. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Amen Brother B!

7. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

These threads are dangerous. I read them, and a few hours later I find myself thinking about trading my zx10 for an adv bike. :)

XFBO and Britt like this.
  8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Just have Both... each has a purpose...although my UltraClassic gets Zero use anymore. Current rotation is 950/TLR/625-SXC

TLR67 likes this.
  9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:crackup:

Tell me about it, I just ordered my first long range rifle (budget minded one) and researching riflescopes for it as we speak.....all because I just HAD TO hang out reading in that damned gun thread. :crackup:

jrsamples, gt#179 and Britt like this.
  10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Or you could buy a used Hyper 1100 and 2 sets of wheels and do everthang. :D

11. ineedanap

I discussed it with my wife.

Me: I'm thinking of trading the ninja for something else
    Her: What's it look like?
    Me: Showed her a google pic
    Her: Looks like a dirt bike. You aren't getting back into motocross, are you.
    Me: No
    Her: Ok, then do whatever you want.

Well that was easier than I anticipated. :)

jrsamples, pscook and Britt like this.
  12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

She's a keeper. :D

ineedanap likes this.
  13. ineedanap

So if I'm into the game for 8k, is the Hyper 1100 the bike to have?

Maybe the beeb should pick out my next ride. What would be the ADV opposite of a KLR? I rode one and it was fun, but mushy and slow. I need fun and exciting, that I can ride to work 9 months out of the year.

Also, I'm drinking Gin and tonic now, so things could escalate pretty quickly. :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

8k would get you a nicely set up KTM 990...or for me a 950Super Enduro.

gt#179 and ineedanap like this.
  15. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thumper - 690/701
    Twin - wait for the 790 or Tenere 700
    Big bike, even with the warts, I’d have a hard time staying away from an AT.

ineedanap likes this.
  16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Meaner in person?? @ 2:20 sec that looked plenty mean on film:eek:

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Budget minded scope, vortex PST, Athlon Ares ETR, about 1K, or Ares BTR, for about 600, btr glass isn't as good but it's great for the price. Scope is as important as the rifle, you want decent glass and turrets that dial accurately.

XFBO likes this.
  18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

My budget was $8K and I would have bought a Multi if not for the fact that I already have 2 Ducatis. There was a damn nice 2013 Multi S with low miles that I came real close to buying but since I got such a great deal on my GS I passed. I don't regret my decision...I would have gotten into trouble on the Multi.

19. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

We were talking about Black Bear Pass and the line to the left that is smoother but has a spooky, loose rock cliff. He chose that line, I chose the right, which has a bunch of 3 foot ledges. Lots of banging on that side in exchange for less dead potential. For me, it was the first day that I had ever ridden a Colorado pass.

The video is of a different place called Calico Trail. I have not been there yet, but it has been on my to do list. I think that I could ride it on my Hyper even though that ridge line is steeper than it looks. My bike does well on steep and rocky, but getting up to the ridge is very difficult as the lower section is hard for a fat bike that has little travel. The trail was built by the CCC way back when, and you will never see another built like it in the future. Every b.s. group tries to close it, the last being a hunting group. Ride it while you can, and as Britt said, live it while you can. That ride is the pinnacle in my book for mountaintop thrills.

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The answer is always Hyper 1100 :D