1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so where are the WMD.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by tattoo guy, Mar 22, 2003.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

destroyed in 95 huh? well amazing these "destroyed" weapons have already been in the aire during this most recent engagement. and can you account for the "gas suits, and atropine vials" found yesterday in the oil fields?

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

In the world of intelligence gathering, eight year old data, like last week's lottery numbers, is totally useless and irrelevent.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

3. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

like most of intelligence given to the UN weapon inspectors by the US....

the US was the one who couldn't find the chemical factory!!!

4. dtalbott

I didn't think the U.S. was looking prior to a week ago.

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

5. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

6. dtalbott

I can't find it, but wasn't there a story on the probability of the U.N. inspector teams leaking info to the Iraqs on where they would be looking?

See Ya,

Darrin Talbott

7. dtalbott

8. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

The statement "Kamel's testimony is not, of course, proof that Iraq does not have hidden stocks of chemical or biological weapons..." is in itself a invalid and non-sensical one.

How would one ever prove that that Iraq did not have hidden wepons?? There can be no such proof - ever. You cannot prove that something by its very defination can't be seen, does not exist.

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

until you find them. :rolleyes:

canucks.

10. Due North

Nooooooooooooo that's proving they do exist. Prove they do not exist.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I would have been happy with prof they had destroyed any of them - where's the residue from the destruction? That would have proven that at least some do not exist.

Everyone agrees they had the weapons aty one time correct? So, where are they? If destroyed they would have been able to easily prove so, these weapons all leave residue of osme sort behind that the inspectors could have detected. What logical reason could they have had for not showing the site of destruction to the inspectors? Since the weapons existence is a known and they have not shown proof of destruction then they still exist - how hard is this to understand?

Don't know where they are but I believe 100% that they are still in existence.

12. rob600rider

rob600rider THE MAN

Don't worry, they'll show up...
    as soon as we march into the capital and plant some there to cover our asses.

13. Due North

I agree 100% that there is a probability they still exist. :)

Now lets see, Hussen is faced with a certain invasion of Iraq.

What to do, what to do......

Most likely he gave the wepons to some off-the-nut terrorist group. The next time you see them, will be when they are used against a civilian population in the US or Isreal,....

Assuming Hussein survives the war, he can say look no WMD's here!!!!

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Prove that proving they do not exist can't be proven. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

15. Joss

Joss F3 Dabbler

Hell, there is supposed to be TONS of the stuff. That's enough to parcel out to terrorists for years and still pop lots on whoever comes knocking on Baghdad.

I'm starting to forget what your point is.... that we shouldn't invade? Been there, done that.

Or just that we shouldn't find anything?

16. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Bullshit.

It is ridiculous to suggest that, without even being formally asked, Iraq secretly destroyed all WMDs (that it has since admitted to having), but forgot to keep proof.

In APril 1991, resolution 687 asked them to disarm under international supervision.

Since then, why would they destroy anything without having UN inspectors watch, document and verify the whole procedure?

And IMO, someone who is willing to gas his citizens and go to war with a superpower is not likely to fret over WMDs being discovered. So its equally unlikely he gave them away.

17. Due North

Robert, easy there - I was talking the samantics of the statement.

IMO - his mindset will be, its better to give them away and have them used against common enemies than to have them confiscated.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

an excerp from a yahoonews story:

....a U.S. official involved in military planning and intelligence said Iraqi troops have been spotted between U.S. and Iraqi lines wearing full chemical protection suits and unloading 50- gallon drums from trucks....

Also heard mention of it on Fox news, CNN, the local news, and on NPR.

Continue on with your debate on whether they exist or not....

You want to read the story it's linked below:
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20030328/ap_on_re_mi_ea/war_us_military_294

19. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

No, Davey. The Iraqis have no chemical weapons. Atomic told us so! ;)

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd Damn, you're right. Boy is my face red. :D

I'd better call the news outlets to tell them they're wrong.