1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Sean, is WERA going doing VMD?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Silo Pete, May 8, 2009.

1. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I am working with the AMA about costs. I will update as soon as I get more info. Hopefully we will be able to work out a more cost effective scenario.

2. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

I can't even get a e-mail back so piss on them. Big f-in deal they want to give us two 10. certs for Bike bandit and now two free ticket to the museum. How about two tickets into the track that we already pay out the ass to race .AHRMA did it can the ama not afford too?What a joke.

3. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I have been working with them all day and received info that your race entry gets you admission for yourself and one more person, there is no pit parking fee and no fee for a pit bike. They are working very hard to make the cost the same. I think they are there now. You pay for your entry and get two weekend passes and should be good to go. They will be updating everything to reflect this.

4. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Cool....every little bit will help.

I'm not totally committed yet, but knowing this stuff will help my decision.

5. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

Should be a better deal than last year. Same cost to race that would have been charged with the same deal (2 passes) plus $20 in bike bandit gift certs, plus two tickets to the museum. They are responding very well to trying to get this right, let me know if there are other issues. I will get them to them and try to resolve.

6. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Looks like both my gsxr 750's are legal on displacement and forks but I need to know if there are any wheel restrictions. I run 17's front and rear at 3.5 and 5.5. Any idea who can help answer this question. What about hybrids 1052 motor in 750 frame. According to the rules motor must match model it does not specify size.
    Eboz

7. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Thanks I couldn't seem to get a reply. Now we'll see if they really do this and put it on there site.:up:

8. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I am supposed to recieve a phone call from them today. I will update when I hear from them. If there are any other concerns please let me know. They seem to want to listen and do what the racers want, so this is our chance.

9. racertex

racertex vintage dude

nice work!

10. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat as Tim. I have sent 3 emails asking for clarification on which classes my bikes are legal for and have no response. If ya talk to them please ask what classes these two bikes can run.
    1. Rickman framed CB750 with a full super bike motor (750cc) and Nova 5 speed gear box, CR carbs, twin front disk Grimeca brakes and clip-ons.
    2. Honda framed CB 750 with a super bike motor (750cc), CR carbs, clip-ons, twin Grimeca brakes and 36mm Honda GL forks

11. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I will ask when he calls and I will tell him to make sure he gets to his emails

12. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

Ok got the skinny on everything. Here is the email I received.

Hi Todd,

Just want to confirm a few things.......
    • All Roadrace classes will be for AMA National number 1 plates, including the modern classes. The modern classes will not be eligible for the Grand Champion award.
    • If a rider pre enters the event his/her entry fee will include two event hot passes (one for the rider and one for crew/guest) This is the same as it was last year.
    • There is no extra fee for paddock parking or pit-bikes
    • If a motorhome is your tow vehicle then it will be allowed in the paddock. If your motorhome is separate from your race package then you will be charged a $55/$60 camping fee

I have also listed below the facility rules from Mid Ohio....

Competitor Facility Rules - VMD

1. No pets of any kind are permitted at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
    2. Staking of awnings is not permitted on the asphalt. Please use weights to secure your awnings.
    3. Personal vehicles are not permitted in any of the paddock areas.
    4. Personal golf carts (those not rented from Golf Car and Equipment) require a $100 vehicle pass. All golf carts must be operated by a licensed driver.
    5. Motorized vehicles are not permitted on spectator mounds.
    6. No scooters are permitted to leave the paddock area at any time unless to attend an authorized function.
    7. For safety concerns, no bicycles are permitted at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
    8. No personal “off road” vehicles or ATVs are permitted on Mid-Ohio property.
    9. No firearms are permitted on Mid-Ohio property.
    10. All photographic, video and digital images taken during any track event, including those featuring spectators or competitors, whether made or purchased by Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course or its affiliates, are property of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and may be used in advertising and promotional materials at its sole discretion..
    11. Hospitality should be arranged through the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course catering department. If outside catering is brought in, teams will be charged a $2,500 catering buyout fee.
    12. If a competitor or crew member leaves the paddock area for any reason, please remember to take your credential with you. Proper credentials are to be shown to gate personnel to allow access to the paddock areas by everyone, no exceptions.
    13. Paddocks must be cleared by 10:00pm on Sunday evening.
    14. Racing engines shall not be run after 10:00pm or before 6:30am
    15. Please secure your car/trailer/equipment and other valuables. Do not leave your paddock area without securing your belongings.
    16. Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course is not responsible for damage to personal property.
    17. Failure to abide by these rules may result in expulsion from the premises.

I hope this clears up some things. Let me know if you have any other questions.....

I also talked to him about email questions for bikes and classes. The guy that the emails were going to isn't there anymore and he said he has answered all emails so some may have gone to the other guy. Send your questions to the following email and he will get back with you in a timely manner. Kevin has worked hard to set this event up with the racers in mind and I applaud him.

[email protected]

PEACE

13. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

9. No firearms are permitted on Mid-Ohio property.

Sh1t, there goes my whole weekend. Count me out.

:D

14. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

They updated the website to show you get two entry passes!

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Yea, a bummer, but go ahead and take your knives and those Samurai swords. :D

16. CharlieY

Hey Thanx....mr best avatar!....GOOD INFO FOR SURE:up:

17. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

This event is so amazing, not matter who runs it I want it to be successful.

18. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

Also not it says you get the two entry passes if you pre-enter. They are also gridding by entry order so if you going I'd get mine in asap.

19. CharlieY

what if you dont pre-enter.....no free passes?....

20. Thekd2

Thekd2 Well-Known Member

I dunno I will ask them