1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So much for that TV deal helping out......no Laguna

Discussion in 'General' started by shakazulu12, Sep 6, 2013.

1. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

But how many races has he won? Part of the problem? The problem is dmg and it ruining the series. I stoped caring when they out stupid fuckin team numbers on the bike and started nuetering the bikes. There is no sponsors,no tv deal were veiwers will watch it and no intrest in the series anymore.

Im not part of the problem. Im the person the promoters should be wanting to watch its cluster fuck of a series. Who wants to see one guy out front on the best bike chucky can build with nobody else even near him? The dumbing down of the bikes didnt do anything.

2. caferace

caferace No.

Yes, you are a part of the problem. You don't attend, you don't watch and you just bitch about it online.

That is called, part of the problem.

Josh Hayes has won exactly 61.54% of the races this year. But you wouldn't know that because of your forced ignorance of the series.

-jim

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dude all you do is bitch about shit.....

There isn't enough $$$ in the series as it is, and the only ones with big $$$ is Yamaha. So by your logic, Yamaha builds "real" superbike and completely fucking crushes the competition and still wins....

Its painfull obvious that you have not been to the races because I have. Since about 2007 and I can honestly say, that despite the lack of funding, and other issues, the races have NEVER been closer...

In superbike, its actually nice wondering who might win a race. We've got several choices rather than just 1-2....

Don't get me started on the compeititveness in the 600 classes.....

You really are a BIG part of the problem. Take off your shit covered glasses, and attend an event. Take a few friends. Take the family. Come to the pits, have JU show you around his rig, buy shirts, buy a bike, buy a coke, whatever you do, don't sit home and not attend then wonder why there are no races, no sponsors, and no $$$.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hayes said on motopodcallinjimshow that the negativity towards the series was one of the biggest problems they were facing. I took it to heart and decided to just stop commenting on it because all I saw was the bad.

I guess I miss watching the series but a lot of my friends that had involvement with the series got squeezed out or just gave up.

Good luck to the series, I've moved on.

5. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

I'm upset that the races with the best cross promotion aren't televised. That is amateur hour.

I'm also upset that the CBS Sports package costs me an extra $10 every month and it's not HD! Damn greedy upper management.

6. caferace

caferace No.

Look, we can all agree that DMG has issues. That is not in question. There is still a lot of housecleaning to be done.

But as motorcycle roadracing enthusiasts (given where we are talking about this) it DOES seem to me like we should support our National series, come hell or high water.

THAT, is my point.

-jim

7. Agreed. And IMO, it goes for our club racing orgs and track day providers also. If "we" aren't going to support and help the sport, in whatever way we can, then who will?

8. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

OMG! The rider numbers are all screwed up because they're assigned to teams!

Yet:

Martin Cardenas is #36.

Jason DiSalvo is #40.

Elena Myers is #21.

Geoff May is #99.

Larry Pegram is #72.

Aaron Yates is #20.

Taylor Knapp is #44.

How did it happen!

(Just a few that come to mind.)

9. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Yeah. There are serious series management problems. I hope they sort them out. But if you're gonna complain, at least remain grounded in reality.

10. vizsladog

I attened every fucking daytona 200 from 1992 to 2007. I also was at homestead,road atlanta. Went to some little trade show at indy for a few years as I eneded up as a dealer rep for a major cpmany in the motorcycle buisness and have got to do shit that would make the average motorcycle enthusiast shit himself. The series sucks balls. I quit watching because of all the bullshit. I spent my time and plenty of fucking money with the ama....then dmg bought it and fucked it. Te beauty is im allowed to bitch about it,i was involved and mo how fucking lame it is now. You keep cheerleading for it and ill keep watching other series and sports.

11. Robby-Bobby

Fong#50 (biased here)

Regardless, that is about the absolutely shittiest excuse for someone to pretend to not like the series i've ever heard.

Honestly, if you want to bitch about something, find something worthwhile.

The only rider I ever knew of that even had anything to say negatively was hacker when he used Dale Jr font for his numbers as kind of a smart assed reason...

12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You're Bobby Fong?! Fred and I love watching you ride and look forward to your career continually progessing!!!

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

14. caferace

caferace No.

Then why do you pretend to know so much about it?

Face it. You're just bitching because apparently, you have nothing better to do.

-jim

15. Robby-Bobby

I'm certainly not "cheerleading" as I don't have the experience to run the show, but I can assure you that under the past "AMA" IMO its 100 times better.

I still don't understand from your opinion whats worse?
    lets go through both scenarios here and try to baby mama bird feed it to ya.

Scenario 1 Fanboy) New series, races are way more competitive in ALL classes with more racing involved.

Scenario 2 Teamowner) Way cheaper to race and build a bike that "can" be competitive and a chance to actually win some $$$.

From my perspective, you seem like just a person that likes to bitch. And before you even say it, I have read countless threads where you have botched about MotoGp, Ducati, Nicky, etc....

What exactly would YOU like to see? I mean honestly, please don;t say the same old tired lame excuse about "real superbikes" cause NOBODY CAN AFFORD THEM. EVEN YOSH!!!

Even if say some could afford real superbikes, then there goes the class competitiveness.

16. Robby-Bobby

Yes. Yes I am:)

17. vizsladog

Because i look at the results on rrw. Thats how i know.....

What all do i bitch about? Cal crutchlow and now not liking the ama superbike series.

Regardless, i dont like the series. My choice not to follow it.

18. vizsladog

Ok. If we are gonna nueter the ama superbikes lets just make them all 100 percent superstock bikes. Then it would really be about the riders right?? Then every club rider who could afford a set of spec dunlops could come and ride and be competitive for the same cost as graves right? Lets also set a max cost on equipment.

But whats worse? With the new rules there is still one team up front with the biggest budget. Competitive? Ummm....ok, 4 bikes up front that have a chance to win.

Nicky....ok,hes fast, on a shitty bike and just rode the other shitty bike the same comapny races in another series. Met him a bunch of times and is a class act. Was very lucky in 06...

Honestly if you think i bitch then you must not rember mad brad.

19. Robby-Bobby

There will always be someone with the "biggest budget" The difference is now that "anyone" can buy it....

Before, it didn't matter how much you had, you couldnt get it.

BIG BIG difference.

I would love to run my team with a Graves budget, or a yosh budget, but I do the best I can with what I have in order to continue to provide my rider with a bike for the entire season.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

[​IMG]