1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So let me get this straight

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Phl218, Nov 22, 2018.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Yes, you beat me to it.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK I kick myself every time I wade into these matters. Just walk away, Adrienne. But hope springs eternal. How many of you watched the entire interview and therefore were exposed to the full complement of views of what they were talking about.

Anyone?

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Wouldn't bother myself with the vid long enough to even click on it. So, my opinion, if shared, should have the same legitimacy as anyone else's - "Hollywood needs to STFU."
    Oh, wait. My opinion should have more legitimacy, based on its content. :D

brex likes this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

If you couldn't to bother yourself with watching the video, IMO, your opinion is irrelevant. This was a very specific conversation, with a very specific group of people, with very specific experiences, in a very specific context. Which may or may not be relevant to you, or anyone in your life. Do as you like.

I would watch the complete video before I shot my mouth off, but I'm a ready, aim, fire, kinda gal.

5. fastfreddie

If it's so very specific in people, experiences and content, it seems to me it's either irrelevant or statistically insignificant when pitted against 320M+ other people.
    No?

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Did you or anyone in this thread watch the complete interview? Yes or no.

7. fastfreddie

Can't. Apple has seen to my inability to view lotsa stuff cuz my whatever it is won't update. Prolly shoulda never done their recall on the original hard drive.

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the definition of racism. Lefties can’t be racist though, because they’re calling out privilege. Such is the white man/woman’s/man woman/nonbinary’s/manwomanthing’s burden. I apologize in advance for not mentioning genders that haven’t yet been identified.

Most likely her statements are taken out of context to advance HuffoPo’s agenda so we’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. Nah, on second thought fuck that. The leftos never give anyone else the benefit of the doubt, so let’s give her fair play. Burn the witch.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  9. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

So inappropriate for the Dungeon.

The standard here is fire, fire, fire. Thinking and aim aren't relevant here.

non-thinking sycophants of the latest talking points from the alt-right tend to be the everyday posts here.

SuddenBraking and motoracer1100 like this.
  10. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Can everyone who posts in this thread please listen to the 20+ minute video. Or not? It doesn't matter what those four women were talking about?

And just in case if you were somewhat inclined, or, not, to listen to it, Ellen Pompeo has been a longstanding person speaking out about diversity. Her husband is black, she has three biracial children. It is clear that she feels it, acutely.

And look at the look on Gabrielle Union's face. Wow.

My original post was that I said it was very good. That does not mean I agreed with everything that was said. Have you all nothing left to learn?

11. SGVRider

Why do you hate white people? There’s enough wood on that there fire for 2 witches you know. :D

In seriousness, no one takes context into account. Everyone grabs the best sound bite or quote for their puff piece. News outlets and politicians creatively edit and just make stuff up. Everyone’s mind is already made up.

12. SGVRider

Fire first, second, third, and always. Don’t ask questions. :D

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

We must make certain that our inferiors are well treated. Noblesse oblige and whatnot, chaps.

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I listened. They are all out of touch. First the fantasy of all places should be sprinkled with color & diversity and not merit?
    Demanding certain races and creeds be hired or included in the daily landscape of their privileged lives?
    Also them discussing pay scales with each other is what their Agent(s) should be doing.
    Lets put this in perspective... listing your friendships based on race or nationality or religion is pathetic compartmentalizing. It stinks of old Benneton marketing ads... just window dressing.

Back to the pay scale. Tis the business of entertainment. Hire appropriate representation. If the best Agent costs 11% but industry standard is 9%... well thats a choice. Not everything is a crayola box.

cav115 likes this.
  15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK I will take you at your word. How are are they each out of touch? If they are, and they are surely at the reasonably forefront, are not many more? Why?

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I demand pay equality. Scarlett Johansson got $15 million for the black widow movie. I didn't make anywhere near $15 million this year.
    It's not fair.

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I did. I stand by my comment(s). "Agree with me or you're wrong."

I don't think being married to a black man and having interracial children qualifies her as an authority on what an entire portion of the culture is responsible to do (or not to do).

Quite honestly, the largest part of the discussion seemed to focus on what they did or didn't get paid. It didn't seem that broad of a discussion, actually seemed pretty narrow.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
    cav115 likes this.
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

OK. I didn't get that impression that she thinks she's an authority on it, it registered to me more that she is more sensitized to it, you
    may process it differently. Did you register the look on Gabrielle's face when Ellen was talking when she teared up?

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

They should stick to what they get paid to do...act like characters or other people. I personally dont care what any of them have
    to say off screen. Mrs Union acts like sending "Her black children" to a more diverse school 40 miles away qualifies her as being socially responsible? I dont know what school she chose to not send her kids...but it sounds to me like its full of white privilege and top 5% earners. Surely the admin must all wear white hoods on Friday evenings and have builderberg meetings to maintain the monopoly. :rolleyes:
    The other one demanding "all staff be not white" is just reverse privilege. If I were their agent... Id tell all of them to STFU.
    Life is not hard for those women. Take away their money and put them in a burb... lets see the Benneton act then.

I still think the payscale thing is DIRECTLY related to representation and nothing else. There is more to a show than having a good script. Getting the talent is important. If they want profit share...they should also get profit loss too.
    So when their favorite stylist, caterer, grip, set RV, or lighting tech doesnt make the budget... welcome to the real world.

Spang308 likes this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

WTF. Hope there isn't a resume on your horizon.