1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So let me get this straight

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Phl218, Nov 22, 2018.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Her comments reflect that she feels it's her mission to educate the "the rest of us". That, to me, indicates she feels she's an authority.

In addition, her comments regarding her actions tend to reinforce that. She relishes the opportunity to educate her children's school faculty, she educated her friends by boycotting their event, etc.

Regarding actors/celebrities being melodramatic - I think that's pretty typical. I would call it an occupational hazard at the very least.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well, I processed it as more that it she felt it was an obligation on her part, and one that she is clearly happy to take up. Now, and in the future, What is wrong with standing up for others.

3. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Absolutely nothing wrong with standing up for others. I believe it's a basic human requirement.

She is entitled to her opinion and also entitled to define her personal obligations.

However, she said its "our task, our responsibility, we created the problem".

Who is "our" and who is "we"?

I would prefer to define my own obligations and the things I'm responsible to affect.

StaccatoFan and cav115 like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Agreed. Again, I said I thought the interview was very good. Not that I agreed with all the points that were made in it. It was clear that her points were felt acutely, and that they clearly resonated with her colleagues. And her colleagues points stood on their own. I'm not so sure they would have been made had she not been there. Again, watch Gabrielle. We have to start somewhere.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If so, one can only hope that those reading it have some grasp of nuance.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Dude? There's no hope.

7. nigel smith

Apparently not.

8. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Your life will be much easier if you cease engaging (and/or hoping for consensus) with people in the dungeon.

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving

Chino52405 likes this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I did, thank you, hope you did as well! I appreciate the observation, and I participate in the Dungeon sparingly.

Some things I don't let go by.

10. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

So why do you keep poking your head in here and respond to threads?
    Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving

11. nigel smith

Other things, however, seem to go by you at a remarkable rate. Regardless, enjoy your holidays.

brex likes this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Such as?

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Perhaps these "People of Color"..who she points out the lack of, were simply uninterested in being part of a Quota Party to make people feel good...or maybe they had more important things in their lives than being used as a prop.
    Maybe she "Pompeo" should go on The Wendy Williams Show or The View"..for a more diverse crowd of supporters.

(No, I didn't watch the whole 20min segement, I have new LED's to put up in the shop, I did watch the OP's link, which was more than enough for me).

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would someone being emotional make a difference in how we take what is being said? People cry over anything and everything. Emotion is great, but has nothing to do with anything other than the person feeling it and does not connote some sort of extra truth to their words. To think it does is an emotional reaction on your part not logical.

No matter what the context, saying that you didn't see enough color when you walk in a room is a stupid ass comment. Basing any judgement on race is moronic. There is no reason why someone of any race would be better or worse at running a shoot or being interviewed so race should have nothing remotely to do with who is in the room.

My little sister is biracial, yeah it makes me sensitive to racism when directed at her or at me for having her as a sister. It does not give me some insight on how many people of color should be in any given situation - then again, I don't spend my time trying to get attention for being overly sensitive...

StaccatoFan and RRP like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So she stands up for others by saying people of one race should be fired to make room for people of another race? Or do you think she really meant there should have been X number more people in the room of color so that it was less diverse than the US as a whole?

She didn't stand up for anyone. Her feeling she has some obligation to make such comments is what is divisive...

speeddaddy and RRP like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This should be fun - start somewhere is great - start to do what exactly?

StaccatoFan and RRP like this.
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Celebrity worship clouds judgement, plain and simple.

speeddaddy likes this.
  18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You are exactly right. In fact, it's really hypocritical racism. These idiots preach about equality and the end of racism yet they don't "see" enough "color" to satisfy themselves. Hasn't anyone been able to teach them that they're not suppose to "see" the color around them? Everyone's the same. Aren't they? The woman is the epitome of a blond bimbo.

19. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yes, please teach us .......for we are all ignorant.:D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. Phl218

Phl218 .

And on top of that, looking at statistics in the state you live in, you can only have so many of each background around you ... unless you start flying people in ...