1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I turned on "Over the air TV"

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Clay, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

HOLY EFFFING CRAP, 3 out of every 4 ads are political. OMG, you've got to be kidding!!! Back to Netflix/Amazon only.

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Welcome to Primary season.

They will go away after the primaries. Then return in September thru November 3rd.

For TV stations, being in a contested state is a way to make bank. Although the stations must sell the time to political ads at the lowest possible rate, they still make money on the sheer volume. For some stations, this cash infusion every two years (congressional and presidential election years) keeps them in business.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's almost a welcome relief from the incessant barrage of ads for personal injury lawyers...almost.

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I don't think anything is as bad as the plethora of pharmaceutical ads. What are they advertising for, assisted suicide?

R Acree likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The side effects are worse than what they are treating.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The only thing worse than assisted suicide is unassisted suicide. :moon:

7. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

"Ask your doctor if 57 pages of side effects are right for you!"

8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

More that half of those political adds are for Bloomberg, too. Talk about buying his way into the race.

9. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

He basically admitted to buying the Dem house majority in the 2018 midterms last night. He also bought the VA Dem state congress majority. He's a new rival to Soros in buying elections.

dtalbott likes this.
  10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Just saw an ad definitely designed to do damage control on his history with women. Every testimonial was from a woman that's worked for him in his time as NYC mayor and how
    Mike's so Pro-Woman.

Get-er-Done Mikey!!!!

What a crock of shit.

11. Spang308

Just stop and imagine the irony of a billionaire 65 times over getting beat by a communist...that is about to get beat down by another billionaire.
    I love this show!

Go capitalism!

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

13. Spang308

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I get that for free! :D

scottn, brex and Spang308 like this.
  15. Spang308

Reagan set the bar impossibly high at 49 states won. Trump's total will be impressive this round, but likely stops at 40ish.
    I hope he wins the popular to squelch that talking point.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Half? In the DC area ALL of them have been his ads.

17. Brian_J

Brian_J Active Member

even youtube is rife with them and it seems they're all for Bloomy.

stk0308 likes this.
  18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Can't be worse than those low fat/fat free chips made with Olestra they were advertising a while ago. Some of the side effects of Olestra include: gastrointestinal discomforts, abdominal cramps, fecal urgency, diarrhea, and loose bowels (http://www.cspinet.org/olestra/11cons.html). The Frito-Lay company has recorded that olestra causes “anal oil leakage” (http://www.cspinet.org/new/flaynal.html). They also say that consumers who eat more olestra products are subject to more severe cases of diarrhea, cramps, loose stools, nausea, and underwear spotting among other discomforts.