1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I tried Motocross... Guess what happened.

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyperdyne, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Anyone wanna guess why a roadracer should not enter a motocross race when he has had 3 hours tops on a dirtbike.. Espescially the 250 class..

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I used to hit my head a lot. I imagine that's what happened to you.

3. SClark

SClark Righteous Indignator!

Cased a double and shortened a vertabrae or two?

4. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Put your knee down rolling T1?

5. MudDawg

MudDawg Engine Killah

Your handle should now be Speedbump?

6. Hyperdyne

Actually all three..

1st moto. I learned why whip the ass end around so much. In 6" of loose dirt, there is very little corner speed to be found. So I fell over. Not crashed, fell over.

2nd Moto. The course was designed with a single before the table top. You hit the single and land on the back side of the tabletop right. Wrong. In my case, you hit the single, and in mid air you learn that hitting the brakes does weird things, like make the front end drop like a stone. Needless to say, I did a faceplant, and the crowd approved.

Race. Applied all I had learned before and was smiling large until I, you guessed it, cased the double. I'm now a few inches shorter than Dave K

7. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

HAHAHA Ya I suck at MX. Ive got 20 hours total on my dirt bike and it taught me to be comfortable with the bike being upset, but in tight turns, all I do is fall over. At 15 hours I finally learned that you dont slide off the seat to the inside of the turn where the outside foot is barely touching the peg...in MX you weight the outside peg EVERYWHERE IN THE CORNER lol.

8. joec

joec brace yourself

try supermoto. with jumps. there are so many things fundamentally wrong with that sport. slicks on dirt. all the rear brake action. putting your knee down. its all wrong.

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Well, I'm glad you're OK except for the new mutation. :D

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

MX is for sub-25 year olds with rubber bones.

I do not qualify.

But I do like trail riding at a sissy pace.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

amen!

12. paistes5

paistes5 Well-Known Member

Glad you're okay, but would love to see some pics of your learning experience. :D

13. ayotte6pc

ayotte6pc Ding Fries are Done

Try being a MX'er and doing your first track day on a gsxr 600. Pretty much the same deal EXCEPT crashing on asphalt at any speed sucks alot more than dirt (I know, i did both)

Just get back on the horse. Its a blast!

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I went and watched some District 29 AMA stuff today and it reminded me why I sold my 4fiddy (To MadBrad nonetheless). I kept getting hurt. All the +35er's out there I salute you! :beer:

15. Hyperdyne

I'll post up what pics my wife took. She was laughing way too much to get really good ones:)

I have found that trail riding and hare scrambles are much better suited to my riding style. I defenitely give the full report on my first venture.

16. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

There. Fixed it for ya...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The way it works is kids race MX, then they get older and beat up and roadrace, then they get older and the need for speed decreases (but the need to race doesn't) and they go run harescrambles.

18. Hyperdyne

Harescrambles look like fun. Drunk or sober.

19. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

1. Please tell me you've changed the spring...

2. You do realize it's a 10 year old woods bike right? :D

I'm glad you're having fun with it.

20. Hyperdyne

1. :D

2. For a 10 year olds woods bike, I beat everyone out of the hole. And the damn thing needs a steering damper above 2nd gear.

3. Please tell me you've been nicer to the TL than I have been to this KTM