1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... any deals on Buell's out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Fast Forward to 2020. What is a spotless and 0-mile 2009 1125CR worth? Imagine it was preserved properly and not just left in the corner of a garage.

What about 2030? 2050?

Will these things end up being sought after as a collectors item when most all of them are used up, crashed, and no longer available?
    For those accountants among us, give your answer in 2009 dollars and don't make assumptions about inflation.

2. chrysta1

chrysta1 Well-Known Member

Current prices of XLCR's or XR1000 may be a good indication.

3. kyle carver

kyle carver Well-Known Member

What is the difference in the 1125R and the 1125CR?
    Thanks

4. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

The CR is the one in the picture in this thread. It's the naked or "Cafe Racer" version of the bike. The R is the one with the fairing like what was raced in the Daytona Sportbike class this year. I think the CR is supposed to have slightly shorter gearing too.

5. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

How much for a Blast. I've heard they can send them UPS after Eric gives them his mass centralization mod....

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Nancy @ Bike Town HD in Warren, OH has a 2009 Buell 1125r for $8000.00 out the door, and a new 2008 for $700.00 less

877-505-2007 ask for her if you are interrested.

7. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Nick - you gonna race that thing next year?

3 days before the announcement I bought Pooler's old 1125 off of Mike in NC. Can't believe the prices you guys are getting. Hopefully a lot of these will hit the track next year - it might help keep race parts support going a little longer if we're lucky.

Kurt

8. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Yup that is the plan. It may be a long winter prepping the thing. PM sent.

9. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

My local dealer has 1125R for $6700.

10. nickg

nickg Member

hey guys, newbie here! I am looking at the Buells that this is about.
    I can get a 08 1125r for 5400 plus tax
    I was thinking about the cr..is that a more conmfort oriented bike? My last sport bike was a 1000ss ducati..and it was way too much in terms of seating...are these buels better?
    how about reliability?
    I admit if they were 10k still I'd look at a monster over these...
    any differences over 08-09r's? is the cr basically the same?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CR and R are the same from what I've seen, main diff is bodywork. Where are you finding one for 5400?

I can't see these being more comfy than the 1000ss.

12. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I want the orange one in the worst way :wow:

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I think I actually like the orange too. So far I've been lucky, the 5500 ones are gone from where I've checked and the other places near here are too much.

14. vosnick52

If I can find the orange one for 4999 I'm all over it :wow:

15. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

As in otd ohio sales tax included?

16. vosnick52

Where is that orange one?

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you and everyone else!!!! :D
    Funny how the economy is slow but put some bikes on firesale clearance and all of the sudden peoples liquidity bleeds all over
    a sales contract! :D

18. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

The R has more bodywork, higher gearing, and has lower bars.
    So the CR would be more comfort oriented in terms of body position but less wind coverage.
    I've had no problems with mine in terms of reliability. The 08s have a few quirks that were fixed on the 09. Nothing major, and by now the fixes may have been taken care of by the selling dealer. There's an aftermarket reflash available for a couple hundred bucks that does great things. Makes it run a bit better, cooler, and gets you more adjustability in your mapping. The only complaint I have with mine (common issue) is that it will drip a couple of drops of gas after a ride. It's the only real issue and it's minor really. Some guys just put a small bottle (like one of those 24 hr energy drink bottles) over the end of the overflow line to catch the drip and tuck it up somewhere hidden. There's no way to flip the shift linkage without a kit. The power is decent and the torque vs weight makes a great balance on the street. Not scary rip-your-arms-out powerful, but impressive enough for a streetbike.

19. nickg

nickg Member

the cr was more $..the r was more comfortable feeling to me oddly
    how are these machines? are they just race bikes?
    I am not looking for a cruiser, more like a monster. These look like they would be great for this. I like the looks of the cr(very Brutale) more than the R, but with fairings, the r is pretty cool.

20. vosnick52

Powdercoat the wheels white and I have a perfect streetbike:wow: