1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowmageddon 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jan 5, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I clicked on this thread thinkin' we musta got hammered up here with 15 pages already on the subject. Then I see it was about the South gettin' a little dustin' a month ago...
    Understandably, it's a problem down yonder what with virtually zero snow removal equipment but here in central PA, I'm not sure the plows even bothered to hit the roads and there was a good 5" in my neighborhood. Wind and evaporation have knocked that down to maybe 3".
    [​IMG]

2. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I keep lookin' for an excuse to go out but nada needed and, unless there's 12"+, what's the point...just another day.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

67 and onward and upward for the week with clear skies. 36 tonight.

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I am in New Brunswick and a storm is coming in. The news here was saying 25 to 30 cm (10 to 11 inches) in the next few hours, then freezing rain right behind that. I have to work a motorcycle show this weekend, so we will see how tomorrow goes.

6. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

About a foot or so and still going

20170209_170357_resized.jpg

20170209_170337_resized.jpg

Razr likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

we got about 10" here at home in the BX. It was blizzard like conditions while it was falling, and the decision to close school today was probably a good idea.(mind you its was 60 F yesterday) I stayed home with the kids and we cleaned some snow from the "irrational car" and hung out. Not a bad snow day for all

masshole and Razr like this.
  8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Meanwhile in New Hampshire.....

[​IMG]

masshole, Razr and BigBird like this.
  9. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Another 12" coming down this evening.:confused:

10. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Drove a little about an hour ago- this is NE if you haven't visited in the winter (Belmont, Arlington and Watertown MA to be a tad more specific).

20170212_164732_resized.jpg

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

12. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

14. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

15. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

You'll need an "all terrain" vehicle at times

20170212_164427_resized.jpg

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've out on the motorbike all day what happened in Yankee Land?

17. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Just lots of snow- we were lucky in Dec and Jan but it's hammer time now.

18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Mother just said they've got a foot on the ground with 2+ feet more on the way later this week.

Meanwhile, in the great white nord, we've got 37 degrees and the only snow is on the curb line from the plows coming by.

19. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

This is typical from November through April. What a bunch of wimps. it is -22F for a high today, but should get above zero late in the week.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8C5kopIgcCJZXBzTGJZOTI3QWs

This was actually at last winter's Iditerod Dog race, but looks just like it to day minus the dogs. The race will be coming through here again next month, and the dogs like it cold.

20. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And Tom Brady is sitting on a beach in the Virgin Islands laughing his ass off.

Oh, and it was 79f today in Greenville SC.