1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowboarders or Two Plankers in the DC/Balt Area?

Discussion in 'General' started by TZ925, Jan 6, 2004.

1. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

Anyone in the DC/Balt/NoVa area into snowsports?

I'm looking for some folks to hit Whitetail Wednesday night this week or other times in the future depending on weather patterns and dumps.

I have a few friends already interested but the more the merrier.

Snowboarding is a great way to cross train and keep your balance and sense of speed sharp during the off season...

2. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

I've been skiing for years. My skiis are beat.
    I like Snow blades.

Tried snowboarding officially the first last week. Not nearly as good as I can ski but have fun.

I like jamming down the hills. Want to get better at snowboarding.

3. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I would like to but don't live close:(

4. n2indy

n2indy Well-Known Member

Me...I was thinking about going down to Snow Shoe http://www.snowshoemtn.com/. I used to ski a lot in Colorado, but it's been awhile. I think it's about 5 hours from Northern VA. We should plan a trip Friday/Sat/Sun and split all the costs. Would definitely be fun.

-brent

5. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Monty, I would be interested in getting out this year , but I can only go on the weekend because I work at night. I usually like to go on Sunday nights because the crowds are light. Ordered some street tires for the TTR so maybe I can get out with you guys before the winter is over.

Arnie

6. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Monty -

Julie & I snowboard, but Wednesday nights are definetly out for us. (Powerpump classes at the gym!) However, like Brent, we're definetly available on most weekends (except this one). I'll second Brent's suggestion on packing up a group and splitting the costs.

Snowshoe is good, as is Seven Springs (PA). Wintergreen is ok, but rather icy and tight. Just when I got cocky at Wintergreen, whammo I hit an ice spot and wound up with a concussion! :)

BTW - I'm finally in the process of converting my KLX400 to motard form. Just waiting on some cams, then will work the suspension. Do you mind if I email you for some advice on the rest? I'm planning to alternate between hare scrambles & motard races, so I need to set it up accordingly...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  7. TZ925

TZ925 I do it for His glory!

On the snowboard weekend trip to Snowshoe or 7 Springs, I'd say the better riding is at Snowshoe, the better parties are definitely at the Springs!

Sunday night trips to Whitetail are also doable and I agree with Arnie about the light crowds so keep me posted when you want to jet up there.

Me and a buddy will also go EARLY on Saturday mornings (get there by 8am) and ride till 11:30. That's just when it starts to get packed and we split and can still salvage the rest of the day.

Arnie, we were wondering what happend to you. After the 2 hour at Monrovia you kinda dropped of the radar. You should get those tires mounted and bring the TTR to the next indoor event 1/25, you'd have a blast!

Andrew, feel free to fire away with questions.
    [email protected]

Via Condios Muchachos!

8. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

Been real busy lately. Putting a new motor in my truck. Let me know when you go skiing on the weekend. I use ski blades these days--love em I think they offer the best of both worlds compared to skiing or boarding. I won't be able to make the Jan 25th indoor event because I am already pre-entered to race an arenacross in Hampton, Va that weekend. Try to do the one in Feb.

9. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

I like the blades. I was going to buy them last year.

Snowboarding is new and something I want to get better at.

I like night skiing.

10. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

I think I am heading up to Wisp the weekend Feb 13-16... I have never ski'd before in my life. But thats only because I've always been a snowboarder :D there is a decent size group going from what I know (organized at work here), so we're getting a big ass cabin and getting cheaper group rates etc. if anyone from DC/NoVA/MD area is interested, send me a PM