1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snapon Warranty

Discussion in 'General' started by j cal, Aug 7, 2020.

1. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I have a 1/4" ratchet that needs to be rebuilt, anyone use their warranty lately? I bought it used years ago off ebay, can I just chase down a truck and get it fixed? Tips?

2. 418

418 Expert #59

The truck guy might not be too keen to deal with you considering you bought it off Fleebay and you're not his customer. They're independent contractors, not SnapOn employees.

Probably easier to send it off direct.

Wingnut and TurboBlew like this.
  3. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

If you know any mechanics with a Snap-on dealer getting them to have it fixed will be easier than riding around looking for a truck.

4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yes.

They are supposed to repair regardless.

5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

do a local search who is your snap on tool rep in the area, track down his route, truck, and they will fix it on the spot. dont say how you acquired it, the tool is yours, lifetime warranty. Ski

R/T Performance, j cal and BigBird like this.
  6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It doesn't hurt if while he's repairing the tool that you find something on the truck to buy, right?

Jedb, Wingnut, Slider82 and 2 others like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Only thing it hurts is your wallet

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

You know the local car repair place? Then call them and ask what day does the Snap On truck show up?

R/T Performance, pscook and cav115 like this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I always need something so it's not a big deal

cav115 and backbone like this.
  10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Needing something and mortgaging your house for a screwdriver are two different things ;)

motoracer1100 likes this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:D

Attached Files:

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

That's being a bit over dramatic don't you think?

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I once got a $20 gift certificate to LL Bean.

I bought a shoelace. Had to dip into my wallet for the second shoelace ;)

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Want a banning, f@cko?

You can talk the shit about Snap On all you want but mess with my LL Bean, you'll have to die. :D

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bitch, get back in your Lezbaru and crank some Indigo Girls, the men are talking here :Poke: :D

lazlo, Metalhead and TurboBlew like this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

[​IMG]

17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Flag a truck down. They’ll repair it. Just be prepared to wait until the regular customers are taken care of.
    What’s the model? I can give you a part number for the kit needed.
    Also, the repair kits are $10-$15 dollars usually if you wanted to buy an extra one so you don’t have to flag the guy down next time.

joec likes this.
  18. joec

joec brace yourself

Yep....Ive taken stuff right to the trucks many times. Couple of guys used to lunch up the street from the old shop and the easiest thing for me was to put the broken stuff in my console and when I saw them just stop and ask. Most of the time they repaired my broken stuff right away or just traded for new.

cav115 likes this.
  19. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

I called their warranty phone number and it directed me to an email address ([email protected]). Got a pretty quick reply back asking for basic info. Responded to that and not too long after they send this:

"We are sending you the replacement tool. Please do not dispose of your broken tool until you have received the replacement. This process will take 7-10 business days.

If you do not receive your replacement within this time, please email or call us with the case ID# that is referenced above."

Not sure if it's a complete replacement or just the repair kit, but regardless, it was a painless process. Hope it helps anyone else out there needing repairs to their Snapon tools

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

55945E5C-67F7-41FC-B450-1FD9D2FD606B.jpeg

joec, Phl218, CR750 and 4 others like this.