1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snapon Warranty

Discussion in 'General' started by j cal, Aug 7, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

snapon and mac work well thru the mail. Local guys are kind of dicks just to find out where they might be. And yes I bought new and would be inclined to impulse buying.

2. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I had one of those that lasted 25 years of daily professional use.

When it finally died, I had to call Snapon because no truck ever came to our shop. They sent me a replacement kit, but the snapring did not fit. So they sent another. The snapring did not fit. I told them they were sending the wrong sized snapring. They sent another. The snapring did not fit.

I tried to find the correct snapring through McMaster-Carr, Aviall and others without success.

I called them again and they sent a new ratchet. It lasted about 2 months before self-destructing

I threw it in the trash and bought a Gearwrench ratchet for $25 off the Matco truck that comes every week. It is a better ratchet and has been fine now for 5 years. I'll give it another 20 and see how it holds up.

Eff 21st century Snapon.

418 likes this.
  3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah it’s gone downhill a bit. Back in 2014 or so, some dick broke into my race trailer and robbed me. Took a bunch of shit including tools.

I’ve been loyal to snap on since I was old enough to have a truck account, so I had a ton of older tools that were bomb proof. When I got the insurance settled and replaced it all I was bummed. It’s still good stuff just not quite like it used to be.

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This statement explains a lot........o_O

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I have 2 snap-on ratchets that were my Dad's. The little toggle that reverses the wrench fell out of both of them. I hammered a piece of round stock to have a square end, bent it 90 degrees and voila, fixed them. They've been that way for at least 15 years, so long that I gave up trying to link up with a truck. I do like the shape of the handles on them better than my Craftsman stuff.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I had a few issues with a couple of Snap-On tools.
    Truck really does not have a set route in this area.
    Called them and they sent out replacements right away.
    Their cutter quality has gone way down.
    I've had tip break off of 2 fine wire nippers in the last year .

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I am die hard Snap-On for various reasons.
    I made sure to carry Knipex cutters and channel lock pliers(Cobra). Two things that are better IMO than Snap-On.

R/T Performance likes this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Just Gahdamn.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Even I haven't been able to destroy a pair of their side cuts. F@cked up one pair (chip out of the blade) but I had to work damn hard to do it.

BHP41 likes this.
  10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

11. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Best cutters for zip ties are these. They somehow magically cut them off below the top of the head.
    They're useless for safety wire or anything metal.
    Screenshot_20200807-143602_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Oh, and they're made in Italy, so I wouldn't use them at the Daytona 200.

G Dawg likes this.
  12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member