1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smoking deal for a computer???????

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Dec 31, 2014.

?

Good deal?

1. smoking deal

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. got taken for a ride

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Windows sucks should have gotten an Apple

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

My wife bought a computer at Best Buy yesterday, and the salesman plus a customer said there was no way the computer she wanted was available for that price. When she showed them both the link they couldn't believe it. The other customer immediately bought two....so I wanted to share the info and also ask if the computer is really that big a buy for the price.....I'm not very in the know when it comes to computers....so what say the beeb?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-15-6...lack/9189066.p?id=1219398343122&skuId=9189066

2. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

3. caferace

caferace No.

That's a fair price. I'm assuming it's one of the older DV6 models. Not a smokin' deal, not a bad deal.

-jim

4. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Not a bad price ...Just hope you never have to deal with the "geek squid"...

I've had nothing but trouble from "Worst Buy" . I won't spend a cent in there anytime soon. YRMV.

5. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I saw yesterday that Amazons top 3 selling computers over xmas were all Chromebooks. The reasoning was people wanting to avoid windows 8.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Face it...most people aren't qualified to operate a Speak & Spell. :D

8. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Yep
    Me either
    Ever

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I get shit at Worst Buy now and again. No worse than the rest of the big boxes.

As for the laptop, okay enough deal. You didn't buy an extended warranty did you? :D

10. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

No extended warranty, I use a local repair shop, he only had a refurbished that only had 2 g ram and 500 g hd for more than this one.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Damn. That brings back memories. Good times. Mine had a drag in it and when you pulled the cow thing it sounded like a long fart. Me and my old man loved it.:D

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Leave it to Manganese Melon to misunderstandify the difference between a "Speak & Spell" and a "See & Say"...

Here's a hint: the cow doesn't say, "E.T. phone home"... :Poke:

13. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

I'll buy my cell phones from Best Buy, but only because they seem to ALWAYS have the newest phones at the times of our upgrades cheaper than i can get them thru Verizon.

Also, when it comes to electronics or accessories, I always go to Amazon first, find a smoking deal on the item there, bookmark it, and then go to Best Buy. EVERY time, theyre WAY high on their prices, then i whip out the phone, show them the link on Amazon Prime for the exact same item, and they match it, everytime. When we (the family) bought all our phones, we got them thru Best Buy, and picked up $50 Otterbox Defender cases for them for $15, thanks to Amazon. :up:

I'd never go there and pay their prices for ANYTHING.

14. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I was thinking the same thing.

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I would recommend getting a wireless dongle for it. Had the built in wireless in 3 HP laptops (parents and friends new HP's. I wont buy HP, I have Dell) just up and quit and HP "tech" support was less than helpful. Shut off the built in and put a $30 dongle in them and voila, no more wireless shutting off randomly.

16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Too bad it came with Windooze 8...God, I still hate that on my laptop. I don't have a touchscreen so that may be my problem. It tries to guess what my next action is going to be and is always wrong. It could just be that my mouse moves in my lap and the computer just responds but still....