1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small win for GA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Lazarus, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

some of those comments from the D's are so stupid.. they say the same thing everytime a gun bill is passed and I dont really see the increse in gun violence from law abiding carriers.

Now at least we have a better idea of what is legal and not legal....

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm all for it. Though I am ok with it being against the law once you take a drink. If the property owner is ok with law abiding citizens carrying, then there shouldn't be a law against it.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The avid anti-gunners remind me of a flock of turkey. If you quietly walk into the middle of a flock of domestic turkey they won't become upset. If, however, you, for example, lift your hand quickly, they will all squawk loudly for about two seconds. That's what the anti-gunners do. When a law is passed protecting the rights of gun owners, the turkeys, I'm sorry, the anti-gunners, squawk for a second or so then everything is quiet again. Since every single one of their protests, and fears, have been proven false over the years, it turns out to be much to do about nothing. It would be a lot funnier except for the fact that those bozos are trying to curtail others rights.

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

For the first time in my life I think that I will have a weapon (firearm) in my vehicle/home. In a month or so, I am headed close to hell, little town full of wanna be gangsters (idiots) trafficking drugs and prostitution.

I am too old for this shit again.

6. What is the difference between the Mall, or Walmart? I've carried many times into Walmart with out any issues. I can't remember if I have carried into the Mall or not...I hardly ever go to the Mall.
    Glad to see some sensible Gun Laws finally getting passed in this state. The whole Public Gathering Law was/is a joke. As stated in the story...these Laws are for Law Abiding Citizens. These Anti Gun people need to start differentiating between Law Abiding Citizens, and Thugs. :rolleyes:

7. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Most of the people commenting are morons.

TN just past a similar law. The purpose of allowing guns in establishments that serve alcohol is so you don't have to take your weapon off to go into places like Aplebee's, etc. just to have dinner. It's not to have a bunch of drunk people in bars drinking. Inebriated people aren't allowed to have guns anywhere. You aren't allowed to consume alcohol if you are armed regardless of the location. Here in TN the establishments that serve alcohol can still refuse to allow you to carry inside. If they do it has to be posted with a specific sign at each entrance and it has to state the TN Statute that covers it. In the statute it states that the establishment that is refusing patrons to carry is taking on the responsibility of the patron's security sense you are taking away their right to bear arms.

The bar I work at does not allow them. We don't allow knives why the hell would we allow guns. :D

Plus, as the owner states, you aren't allowed to drink while armed so why would we want you in there if you aren't buying drinks. :p

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

In case you have to fight your way out when you're DD'ing for a bunch of drunk douches? :confused:

9. :stupid:

I see both sides of this. More so on John's part but I could see myself carrying if I was a DD...the reason...exactly as Darren put it.:D

10. pickled egg

(can you tell I know a lotta guys that engage maximum douchery when they hit the bottle? :D )

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I wasn't a very good party guy when I was younger and in the Army. When we were deciding to go into Fayetteville N. C. (Fort Bragg) every evening, I had a standing rule that if a couple of guys wanted to go with me, and got stupid drunk, they were on their own. I would not fight for them, I would not bail them out of jail at my expense, nor would I go to jail for them. The rule worked. It kept us all out of trouble. (mostly) :)

12. pickled egg

Did they have jails back then? :crackup:

<--halfway thru beer #4 :beer:

13. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

We're paid to fight your way out for you while you are going to get the car. :D

14. pickled egg

Yeah.

Dumbass bouncer brought a flashlight to a gun fight. :p

15. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Don't assume that we aren't armed. :D

We aren't, well I am sometimes depending on what's going on but I'm licensed to be armed. There are two of us that are licensed armed guards. ;)

Of course it would be insane to even pull a gun in a crowded bar. Too many people to even be able to use a gun without too much risk.

16. pickled egg

Damn you John!

So I went to IMDB to give you this:
    [​IMG]

And came across this as well! :wow:
    [​IMG]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :D

17. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

All I see are red X's.

18. pickled egg

China is censoring your web pages? :wow:

(IMDB is probably denying hotlinking, and they're loading out of cache on my pr0nbox)

19. Hey I'm good with that...and I fully understand that. Problem is, how far out the door do you go?:D

There in lies the problem. I think this is where some Anti-Gun activists are correct. Chances are 1 in 10 people (maybe larger number) would have the training or sense to know when to pull a fire arm in a situation without first making sure it's needed. ;) I kinda joked about what I said above...getting into a fight doesn't mean you need to pull a gun to get out of the situation. Most fights are a short scuffle anyway. Different story if say, someone jumps you and your friends as you are leaving a bar...and have you/friend at knife/gun point. Now does this don't happen often...but it does happen. I believe that is why most of us carry...for those times it does happen.;)

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

We will go as far out the door as is necessary or as far as we feel like it too. When we do take care of fights we of course separate everyone outside then when they are told to leave we may keep one group there until the other leaves. We also have security in the parking lots riding horses. On our busiest night(Sunday) we have a couple of uniformed Deputies working with us. Strength in numbers and we provide security all the way off of the property. When you have 1500 young people partying on a Sunday night it helps to have lots of securty. :up:

I think most people that carry legally are going to be better at making the right decision. It's those that carry illegally that I worry about. In class(armed guard and carry permit) it was stressed heavily that you are responsible for that bullet from the time it leaves the barrell until it stops moving so you had better know where it's going and through what to get there. My instructor actually stressed it even to the point that you are responsible for it from the time it is place in the weapon. Don't let anyone take your weapon.

You scenario you stated is why we have security in the parking lots. People do get jumped outside. It's rare even at a place as big as ours with a bunch of cowboys but it has never involved guns or knives. We've had people threaten to get guns. They go directly to jail. We WILL call the law if there is a threat of weapon use. You will usually be handed over to the law in a sort of fetal position screaming and crying about how mean the bouncers are and what you are going to do to them if you get up. :D