1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slicks / DOT's / Forms Question

Discussion in 'General' started by Prov431, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Riding a Ducati 748, am I correct in reading the rulebook that I can use slicks in:
    HW Solo 20
    Middleweight Solo 20
    B Superbike
    Formula 1
    HW twins
    C Superbike

DOT's in:
    B Superstock
    C Superstock

I'm eligible to run in all these classes assuming the bike meets proper requirements for the class regarding modifications:
    HW Solo 20
    MW Solo 20
    HWT
    Formula 1
    B SStock
    B SBike
    C SStock
    C SBike

Hopefully I read it all correctly:confused:
    Any hints to the WERA sprint master entry form for pre entry? I'm looking to pre enter for the VIR weekend. Do I fill out the tech form as well?
    (this is my first official race with wera, I never made it to a race last year, except to cornerwork)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2003
  2. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Someone?:rolleyes:

3. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

As far as the classes your bike is eligible for, I hope someone else will chime in. :)

You do not need to send in your tech form with your registration form if you are pre-entering. The tech form is taken with you and your bike to tech after registration. :)

4. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

Now we're getting somewhere, oh hurray!
    Crossing 'send in tech form' off the list.
    Thanks!

5. RoastedRumpTard

RoastedRumpTard Well-Known Member

I think you got all the classes and I about 80% sure you got the tire rules correct as well. Just reread to be positive.

6. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

You're right about the tires, and like Paige said (typed), just fill out the tech form on the way from registration to tech. It's no sweat. ;)

7. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

You got everything correct.

Tell me this-
    Who's the contact at VIR for cornerworkers?
    Trying to get on the staff there for the races I won't be participating in.....

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

I have a staff you can get on.:eek: ;)

9. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Bitch! WTF are you doing out of the kitchen!
    Don't make me get the coat hanger!:eek:

10. mad brad

mad brad Guest

buck, yaw draws is ready. :D

why would anyone swap slicks and dot's? just run dot's in everything. you won't go any faster.

11. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Yesum massa!! Don't hit me, I be a good bitch and make you sammich.;)

12. Prov431

Prov431 I know WU

I was curious about the slicks mainly because there is a new set on the bike now, which is the way I bought it, and figured I would at least use them and see how I liked them. If it makes me faster, I don't know. It may instill more confidence or at the very least make my wallet lighter too.
    The chief flagger at vir is Lee Brantley. He can be reached via email at [email protected]
    From last I heard, Lee is looking for some more people to add to the ranks. There should be a cornerworking class coming up soon also. You can mention my name as to where you got his email from if you'd like. (Dan Provenzano)
    Contact him for further details.

13. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Something you can do to speed up the tech process is to download a tech form from the website and fill everything out except for the date/track. Make a bunch of copies and keep them with you. That way when you're at the track you only need to fill in the date and track before you head to tech. :cool:

14. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

I did one better; I downloaded the PDF file and filled it in with Acrobat. Now I just print out a completed tech form before the weekend. And since everything is legible and easy to read, I don't need (as much) Tech Insurance. :D