1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singles anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Sep 1, 2014.

1. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

Morris, I have Brian Sawyer's YZF 450 for sale here at the shop. He won AHRMA SOS2 championship with it in 2010. Also raced in WERA clubman. Brian passed away a couple of years ago and I'm selling it for his widow. Guess I better go put an ad in classified now!

2. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Mike, thanks for the heads up. I'm gonna run the SV Thru October while observing the singles in action. Then I'll make a decision on which way I wanna go. Can't afford 2 race bikes so the SV would have to be sold.
    If you don't have it sold by The Vintage Festival, get me some flyers and I'll paste 'em up at Barber.

3. mwrlex

mwrlex Well-Known Member

We'll be there Morris. If we have room and it hasn't sold, we'll bring it.

4. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Stock Duke gearing 16/40.
    Went down two teeth in the back but it didn't work as well in the carousel and the slight increase in top speed was countered by less drive out of a couple of turns. I will leave it stock for Barber but may go up one in the front for Daytona.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  5. grady anderson

I'll be at Summit tomorrow
    C'mon up

6. grady anderson

GNF is not the next weekend
    AHRMA/CCS is the next weekend at Daytona
    GNF the weekend after that

7. grady anderson

That would mean leaving your trailer at Barber for two weeks
    Do they allow that? Hard to believe but maybe the only way to get a spot in the pits with power

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I just figured that out. Think I'd better bring her home and go over the bike (hopefully just freshen up with an oil change, etc.).
    Plus, my rig anywhere else for 2 weeks, no matter how secure, is a sketchy plan.
    Thanks for the heads up!!!

Even tho I'll be in the paddock Thursday eve I will be fortunate to get power. 5 yrs ago I came in Fri eve and got hooked up. The thing has grown so fast that it will be a paddock zoo (from what I've been told).
    The RV has the Onan, and I may just stash my 2 Honda 2000s in the trailer. Can't be too prepared.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  9. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

And my soon to be friends and friends, as soon as you set up, let me know what level and such that you are set up. I'll do likewise. We will start the WERA/AHRMA club, or in my case WERA/AHRMA/CCS/AMA club!:D