1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simulator seat Q

Discussion in 'General' started by RRP, Jun 6, 2023.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I’m adding a driving simulator set up to my Driver’s Ed program. We have identified the simulator curriculum, program, hardware etc but I’ve got some extra $ ($400-500 max) from the grant and I’m considering purchase of the following cockpit set up to add some “reality” to the simulator as opposed to the normal “desktop” set up.

I have zero experience with this stuff and I know a lot of you do the e racing thing, so any feedback appreciated:

https://www.amazon.com/Playseat-Evolution-Black-Gaming-Seat/dp/B009ZELZG0?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Availability may be the issue but this will be more like the car they'll be in in terms of layout and steering support placement. oZone cockpit - Obutto

Nothing wrong with the Playseat other than the center stalk for the steering wheel mount and the lack of monitor mounting location. That means coming up with a free standing monitor mount or wall mounted monitor. Combine it with a 49 inch wide screen and you'll have a pretty good setup for driver training.

RRP likes this.