1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sidi Vortice Roadrace Boots

Discussion in 'RidersDiscount.com' started by Riders Discount, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

You know you’ve made an impact in your field when you’re given a nickname like “Maestro”, and this is what Dino Signori, founder of Sidi boots, is know as. Maestro Dino Signori founded Sidi in a small village called Maser at the base of the Italian Alps in 1960 where he first made a name for himself designing skiing boots and cycling shoes. Despite these motor-free beginnings, Sidi grew into one of the most well known motorsport boot manufacturers in the world with their boots being worn by world class riders such as Colin Edwards, Cal Crutchlow, Andrea Dovioso, Alvaro Bautista, and Bradley Smith.

The top of the line Sidi Vortice comes in both standard and Air versions. Both share the same design, construction and materials, but the standard has non-perforated leather whereas the Air is perforated. The most noticeable aspect of the boots when they are first taken out of the box is the number of visible screws. Just about every single part on each boot was designed to be easily removed and replaced. This includes the toe sliders, tensioner system, sole panel, thermoplastic panels, and Achilles sliders. This makes the Sidi Vortices extremely crash worthy due to the ease of replacing any pieces that may break. These boots are very easy to repair, but the appeal does not end there.

These boots use a number of safety features, including the thorough use of TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane). The entire structure and hinging mechanism of the boot is composed of TPU and only allows for proper range of motion needed but does not allow for any torsion of the ankle or foot. The front of the shin as well as the entire back of the calf shell are composed of TPU reducing the common risk of foot pegs to the shin or calf impalement.

When you pull the back TPU calf panel away it reveals a moisture wicking inner bootie that helps keep your foot cool and dry on the hot summer days. This, combined with the multiple vents that can be opened or closed for varied air-flow, make them extremely effective at keeping your feet comfortable in a variety of conditions.

Sidi also added unique cable tensioner system that allows you to adjust for a custom fit every time you slip these boots on. The cables can be tightened down by easily twisting the knobs found at the calf, shin and instep. All three adjustment points make use of a durable nylon cord that you’d be hard pressed to break, no matter how tight you ratchet them down.

With protection developed at the top levels of racing, plenty of comfort features and a highly adjustable fit, the Sidi Vortice is definitely a great option to consider if you are looking for a new pair of boots. All of the available replacement parts also make them a pair that you know you will get your money’s worth out of.

These boots have an MSRP of $495 and they are not yet listed on our website. Be sure to shoot us a PM or give TJ a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 817 to order a pair today. You can also send an email to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM with SIDI VORTICE in the subject line and we’ll get back to you right away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also available in the glossy Vernice colors. Here's a pair in blue.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  2. BONDS

BONDS Member

Can you PM me a price on a size 8? Any other color scheme?

3. Riders Discount

They are available in white/black and black/black.

4. cwin777

cwin777 New Member

can you pm me price on 11.5 black/white?

5. Riders Discount

The boots are $495.

6. boloson

boloson Well-Known Member

TJ you thief since when did u start carrying sidi's? this is awesome news :up:. probably need a pair come spring time :beer:

7. Riders Discount

We picked them up in December. All of the boys on the race team will be wearing them so we figured we better have them available.

8. Riders Discount

Our original post only shows the Vortice Air version with the perforations, but we also have the standard version available for those that are interested. Just remember that these are not listed on our website, so you'll need to get in touch with TJ for more information. Feel free to call him at 866.931.6644 ext. 817 or send an email to FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM.

The standard Sidi Vortice, shown here in black, is also available in white/black.
    [​IMG]

Here's a comparison between the standard and the perforated versions.
    [​IMG]

9. craigcoble2000

craigcoble2000 Well-Known Member

price for white/black size 9-10 to 33573

10. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

11. mcracr

mcracr 2smoke racing 4 life!

Can you get the blue-white Vortice Vernice in size 43? Price shipped to 19041 please

12. Riders Discount

They are available.

13. dmartland

dmartland Member

What would a pair of white black air size 47 run

14. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

15. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Fantastic boots! I've worn SIDI boots for 10 years and love them. I've got a pair of the Vortice Air's and they not only look great, but offer excellent ventilation for those hot sweaty feet! I've also had the pleasure of crash testing them and they held up great with no injury to my feet what so ever! Great overall value :up:

16. Riders Discount

Thanks Jeff!

17. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I have these boots and love I them! FYI I had the Vertigo Corsa's previously and IMO these fit a little bit bigger than the Vertigo Corsa's. I had to stick a thicker insole in my Vortice's to get them to feel tight and now they are perfect.

18. Riders Discount

Appreciate the feedback!

19. Pcone16

Pcone16 Member

Price please. Size 13

20. Riders Discount

Sending PM now