1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side splitting funny

Discussion in 'General' started by Eric_77, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

The guys over on the Dodge Diesel page started a subject about what is the funniest thing you have ever lost off a truck/trailer.
    lost from trucks
    I know some of you have got similar or worse stories. How about it AOD? I know you guys have some good ones.

2. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

Man those are funny!!! They give our site a run for our money...

Ryan

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - they are good.

Let's see all I've ever lost was two 5 gallon gas cans, rowmarker cones for rows 37, 38, & 39 (which is amazing because the were in the bed of the mule the tied down holding it wore through and it flipped up to 45 degrees of incline at ~80mph on I-10 in Louisiana in the middle of the night, should have lost all 40 of them), and assorted tie downs. And that was all on the way to and from the first race at TWS last year - Sharon is no longer allowed to road trip with me....

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I've almost dropped an RC51 on the highway. At least twice.

Oh, and a friend lost a carbon fiber bicycle wheel which flew off the roof of his VW on his way to the track.

[This message has been edited by thiam1 (edited 01-18-2001).]

5. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

My brother lost a 33 foot semi trailer once on the interstate. Landed on landing gear and dug 1 inch groves in the pavement for 100 feet. He used the truck to stop it before it killed someone. Wish I had seen it by the time I got there there was two cops and mile back-up. Took about an hour to raise the thing back up and hook up to new truck.

6. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

First time racing, borrowed trailer and cheesy tie-downs. Didn't even make out of the alley when I looked back and the bike was about 10 degrees above horizontal hanging on one tie-down.

I wanted to learn how to really lean on a motorcycle, but not in that manner. messed up the lower before we even left town...

7. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

In '98 I was driving on the New York State Thruway to Summit Point to help Cycle Speed in the endurance race. About 300 meters in front of me was a half of a pre-fab house on a flat bed. Now, I'm not real sure what caused it but without warning the trailer came loose and headed in to the median. When it got to the grass it got sideways and started rolling. There was siding, wood and wallboard everywhere. It looked like it exploded! I saw the driver get out, so I continued on laughing my ass off. I was listening to a radio station and they were saying there was a 15 mile back up and the troopers were going to close the highway.

8. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Kinda off the subject but I seen a train wreck about 2 years ago. On the way to work one morning and I was carpooling and had to drop off my rides kid at the day care. On the way to the day care we noticed a tanker truck stuck on the railroad tracks even though the driver of the truck should not have even gone over the railroad tracks. Well after we dropped of my buddies kid we hear a train coming. We both look at each thinking the same thing,"we're going to see a train wreck". So we headed back towards the intersection where the truck was stuck and pulled into a store parking lot facing the tracks anfd the truck. Sure enough here comes the train with it's horns blasting. Needless to say the train did not stop and went right through the tank part of the rig. The truck was carry what seemed to be concrete powder. Because the shite was everywhere when the train hit it. It actually looked like a bomb went off. So about that time the fire department showed up. Me and my buddy get out of the car look around a little bit then decide we better get to work before we are late. In hindsight we where really close to the incident and could have been hurt by the debris. Morale to this story don't cross the tracks if it says no tractor trailer allowed. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Tracee Polcin (edited 01-19-2001).]

9. jericson996

jericson996 Well-Known Member

On the way home from Nelson I came out of a gas station too fast and the bike bounced so the the front tire landed on the ground between the car and the trailer( A Hyundai towing a coleman utility trailer). Some how it didn't fall over. I had crashed out in the 3rd or 4th turn of my first practice lap, what a sucky weekend!

10. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

I lost a black and blue '97 GSXR600 out of the back of my pickup several years ago. The funny thing was, my truck was in my driveway and it was the middle of the night [​IMG]
    Woke up the next morning to leave and it was gone. Some mean people took it from me. I was in the process of getting it ready for the track and I had already put all of the normal stuff (pipe, jets, clip-ons, brake lines, etc.) on it. Needless to say...I hope they busted their ass on it. Maybe got some kind of permanent limp or something from it.

It has a few little nicks on the right side frame spar around where the clip-on would hit in a lowside. And the round lower pipe mount tab on the bottom rear of the right
    side frame is broke at the bottom of the tab. You have to look under the rubber bushing to see it.

11. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

A Cub Cadet Riding Mower.

Brother Brian was sitting on it, and supposed to be holding the brake. The driver stomped the gas leaving a light, and Brian rocked back and his feet came off the machine.

The mower rolled backwards, even though in gear, and Brian scurried off of it just in time for it to slide out the back. Oh yeah, no tailgate.

It bounced into the intersection, and rolled to a stop without the rest of the cars hitting it.

Why we used a truck without a tailgate, or why we never tied it down, or why the driver stomped on the gas, I'll never know.

12. TSR

TSR Well-Known Member

Originally posted by Tracee Polcin:
    We both look at each thinking the same thing,"we're going to see a train wreck". So we headed back towards the intersection

LOL!!!!

13. Zanyeights

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...between this thread and the Superstitious one, you are all pretty twisted!

[​IMG]

About a half hour ago I was coming back from gettting a new windshield in my new car(damn rock off a truck on the way to Nashville hit it when it was two days old!). I am sitting at a light and a guy in a Dakota is making a right turn in front or me in one of those yield merge lanes. Anyway he is scootin right along (which I don't undersatnd why because we had a red light) and his load,about six 12' 2"4"s (tied in the middle) slides out and into the middle lane. That wasn't real funny in and of itself. But they were tied in the middle so when they came out they were like a pair of scissors. The guy was scrabmling trying to get the boards straightened and back in his truck before the light turns green. He keeps looking over his should and panicking. Man it was funny!! All he had to do was relax..but he was in such a hurry. Anyway, he gets them gathered up and in a semi straight fashion. Heads down the road about a 100yds to a QT to get it more settled I guess and I'll be damned if they didn't slide out again when he made that right turn!!! Oh did I mention its pouring down rain here?

14. Tracee Polcin

I bet he was soaked to the bone because it was raining cows & horses. [​IMG]

15. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

I work downtown in a 55 story building. The windows were moving in and out about 6 inches. I was scared!!!

16. Tracee Polcin

My wife works downtown too. What building do you work in?

17. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i see where this is going. how long will it be before tracee says
    "so wathca' wearin', baby"

18. wera688

wera688 Well-Known Member

Got a funny one involving a wannabe RUB Harley rider....I went to the local biker shop and there was a brand new $20K H-D laying there with every piece on it dented, scratched, broke, tore slap up!! The story goes this wannabe loaded up the bike a rode to Daytona for Bike Week. He got down there and rode around. There weren't any bikers anywhere to be found. So he asked where all of the bike week hub-bub was to be found. The guy told him he was a week early! hahaha
    The guy was pissed and embarrassed so he loaded up the bike to go home. (If he had of rode it there the following wouldn't have happened) Around Valdosta GA the bike came off the trailer and was being drug by the tie downs on I-75, it then broke loose, slid into the other lane and was hit by a semi in the next lane and then flipped down an embankment into a swamp water ditch. The bike was later pulled up by a wrecker and was tied down flat on the trailer for the remaining ride back to Atlanta. hahahaha

19. Logey

Logey Logeman Racing

A coworker and I had a funny trailer accident last year. We were returning home from some off-road riding with my bike in the truck and his ATV on a utility trailer. Apparently he forgot to lock the trailer onto the hitch. On the way home we went thru a dip in the road and the trailer came unhooked(he didn't have any safety chains on the trailer). As we slowed down the trailer passed us on left hand side and the tongue was sliding along on the pavement. It eventually veered to the left enough that the tongue dug into the dirt on the shoulder of the road and catapulted the whole thing (trailer and ATV) into the air about 20 feet. It landed and bounced 3 or 4 times and took out about 40 feet of barbed wire fence alongside the road. The ATV stayed attached to the trailer but it broke the axle and ripped the wheels off of the trailer. The ATV was undamaged except for a bent rear rack.

20. Zanyeights

GSXRGIRL, Do you work for WEBMD?