1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sick pay for the bottle flu?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by pickled egg, Sep 23, 2019.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Zee Germans say jawohl!

Most delicious:

So long 5-Hour Energy for claims of B-Vitamin and caffeine induced alertness (being sleepy is a sickness now, you know), and Gatorade will be prescription only. :rolleyes:

Phl218 likes this.
  2. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Hell, I’ve called in sick just to use the sick pay. I didn’t lie, just said I wasn’t feeling like working.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Sick days are yours to use aren’t they? I call in hungover once in a while. Monday’s can be a bitch.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

:beer:

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Richtig!

6. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I got this email last Monday from our head content writer (he's mid 40s). The subject was "Out sick".

upload_2019-9-23_20-9-52.png

K51000 likes this.
  7. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Kudos for being honest!

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

We did away with sick time this year. Everyone just got a week extra vacation. It doesn’t matter one bit to me. Sick with a cold or sick of work, it’s your time, take it.

SGVRider likes this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I will call in with rectal glaucoma (can't see my ass going to work today), but I will not call in for the Irish Flu. My rule is I was a big man last night, then I gotta be a big man this morning.

scottn, cav115 and Phl218 like this.
  10. ton

ton Arf!

We had an assistant call in sick on a Monday. Nobody batted an eye. When her supervisor casually asked whether she was feeling better when she came in on Tuesday, she VOLUNTEERED that she hadn't actually been sick, but rather hungover (it was Superbowl weekend).

She was gone the next day.

(silly millenial. nobody cared until you told us you just couldn't be bothered)

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

I rather got to work hungover than wasting a sick day or vaca for it.

But most likely I’d do home office and end up getting more done hungover than in the office sober.

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If you don't abuse time off and aren't doing it when you know you'll leave people hanging, who cares. Don't wanna is a fine reason for me if you always handle your shit.

Office job obviously, not something someone else would be forced to cover to make the day happen.

cav115 likes this.
  13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Varying opinions in this thread.
    I actually only use sick days if I am actually sick. I think I only used 1.5 days in the past 3 years.

I did hear talks on our office of doing away with sick days and just giving more vacation.