1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shop for RSV4 Valve Adjustment - Milwaukee, WI

Discussion in 'General' started by AC792, Feb 22, 2018.

1. AC792

AC792 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I recently purchased a 2010 RSV4 Factory from a forum member on here.

The bike has 6380 miles and has been a track bike it's whole life. Just as a precautionary, I am wanting to get the valves checked and spec'd. I am fairly mechanically inclined but don't think I could tackle this job on my own.

I am located in Milwaukee, WI and am looking for a reputable shop/indy mechanic who could do this for me. I am willing to travel up to 1.5-2 hours if needed. Does any one know of any mechanics in my area who could help out?

Thanks!

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Not sure who's near WI but you made the right choice not doing it yourself. The RSV4 is a compact complicated motor that unless you're trained on it, don't $uck with it. I have Xtreme and Eurosports so I'm lucky. Hope you can find someone close.

AC792 likes this.
  3. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Farell Performance

4. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

5. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

You can still do the valve check your self, that's easy. What's scary is the actual valve adjustments.

Check them, then see where you stand on that.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

If you have them pull the cams, make sure they record every shim dimension, as left. That way next time, if you do the job yourself you'll know what shims you need before you disassemble the valve train. Minor point but more data is more better....