1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoei X-Fourteen Kagayama 5 Helmets

Discussion in 'RidersDiscount.com' started by Riders Discount, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

The Shoei X-Fourteen Kagayama 5 Helmet features a similar graphic to the one of All Japan Road Race Championship racer Yukio Kagayama. The Kagayama 5 comes in two different color schemes/finishes: glossy blue and matte black.

[​IMG]

The X-Fourteen has several new features that make it even better than the X-Twelve. The shell shape has been redesigned to improve the aerodynamics of the helmet, including a brand new, patent-pending Rear Stabilizer. The Rear Stabilizer works to “maximize high-speed stability while reducing negative forces on the rider.” You will experience 50% less buffeting, 10% less drag, and a 3% lift reduction with the X-Fourteen.

[​IMG]

You can customize the aerodynamics by switching out the standard rear flaps with narrower ones (sold separately). Shoei takes the customization a step further by incorporating an innovative five-stage rotating dial that allows you to fine-tune the shield and base plate.

The X-Fourteen’s ventilation system has received several upgrades. Now the cheek pads have a cooling “tube” that allows fresh air to enter the helmet, cooling the rider’s cheek area. The side air outlets of the helmet have been re-positioned to better allow hot, moist air to leave the helmet. Overall, the X-Fourteen has six air intakes and six exhaust outlets.

[​IMG]

A few changes have been made to the face shield and shield locking mechanism. First, the CWR-F Race Shield (equipped with Pinlock EVO fog-resistant system) has innovative new ribs on the edges to help eliminate bending. The X-Fourteen now has a double shield locking mechanism, designed to prevent unwanted shield openings while riding. The QR-E Base Plate System on this helmet not only makes changing shields easy, but also blocks out unwanted water and wind when closed.

[​IMG]

The X-Fourteen's 6-layer AIM+ shell construction and multi-layer EPS work together to redirect impact energy in the case of a crash. An Emergency Quick Release System (E.Q.R.S.) is built into the helmet to allow medical personnel to safely remove the cheek pads and helmet from an injured rider’s head.

The 3D Max-Dry Interior is customizable with optional sizes for each section of the center pad. Made of Max-Dry material, the inside “absorbs and dissipates sweat twice as fast as tradition nylon.” The interior is completely removable, washable, replaceable and adjustable.

MSRP $889.99
    [​IMG]

If you have any questions about this product or would like to place an order, feel free to give TJ a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 817. Is email more convenient? Send us a private message through this forum or write to us at FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM and we'll get back to you right away!

2. sideburn34

sideburn34 Well-Known Member

could I get a price shipped to 13126 please TJ

3. Riders Discount

4. roxychic46

roxychic46 Well-Known Member

medium on the matte
    black please.

5. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

6. Riders Discount

A 360 view of this great looking lid from Shoei.

[​IMG]

7. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

Could I get a price for the matte to 27012

8. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

9. sardis campodonico

sardis campodonico AMR Superbikes

Price shipped to 33487

10. Riders Discount

Sending PM now

11. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

What’s the biggest difference between the RF1200 and the X14? I know the x14 is newer but would you say there’s a difference in protection? X14 feels like it’s a smaller profile helmet.

12. Riders Discount

They are different helmets at that. The RF1200 is a lower priced helmet that is designed for street/track and the X-14 is designed for the track but can be used on the street. The X-14 will have better airflow in a tuck as well as better aerodynamics than what you get with the RF1200.

Dg3087 likes this.
  13. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Thank you. I love how you guys answer my questions so fast. It’s like your just waiting on my questions

14. Riders Discount

No problem at all

Dg3087 likes this.
  15. ambar

ambar Member

Price for 48105

16. Riders Discount

17. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Just placed my order, excellent service and great price, thank you TJ!

18. Riders Discount

Thanks Again!

19. CTarna

CTarna Well-Known Member

Price XL 07675, please

20. Riders Discount

Sending PM now