1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

shipping rates for complete race bodies

Discussion in 'General' started by zippytech, Mar 7, 2016.

1. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

What are you guys paying to ship complete race bodies. I run the ups calculator and get prices like 175 to 275 for ship ground on a 32x32x36 box that weighs about 20lbs.

2. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Used to ship mine Via Greyhound, if they still do that sort of thing. Lotsa space under those buses. Think it was like 40$ most of the time.

3. zippytech

I have never heard of that.

4. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Greyhound freight is super cheap as long as the To and From folks are relatively close to a Greyhound station.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

About $70 for a full body in a 21.5 x 21.5 x 36 (69") box from Eastern Europe to Central PA.
    32 x 32 x 36, you're right at the 100" cut-off for special shipping considerations. Make the box smaller.

BigBird likes this.
  6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I think USPS cost about 60$ to ship from SoCal to NorCal. Printing the label off their website was much cheaper than going to the post office.

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Used to be cheap but went up a bunch. I shipped a set of wheels and Fedex was substantially cheaper than Greyhound

8. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Ah damn. It's been several years since i last shipped bodywork with Greyhound.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You are better off buying a cheap plane ticket on Southwest and checking it as luggage.

10. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

I just paid 36$ to ship a full set from birmingham to jacksonville, in the original hot bodies big ass box.

11. zippytech

what size was the box, I been getting prices like I said 175 to 275 .

12. Greyhound worked great for the last set I sent out. I think that was to Dustin on here. Cheap too.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah Dustin is a cheapskate from what i've seen :p

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I sent a Hotbodies box via Greyhound a couple of weeks ago from Montana to Iowa for $60.

15. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

About 36 Long by 24 square. I used the fedex store.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

southwest airlines has freight now too, and it's pretty reasonable. Pick up at the cargo terminal at any airport they serve.

17. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

We use delta dash at the shop a lot. Probably like the southwest Gino mentioned above. $55 (SoCal)-115 (Florida) within a few hours. Prices are based on shipping from Salt Lake City.

18. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Used to be $60 to $80 depending on distance shipped.

That was with fed ex

19. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

$50-60 via FedEx account in original AB box.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Shipped a pair of forks and a shock to GA from PA, UPS wanted $200 Fedex sent them for $56...both with $2000 of insurance. Don't know what happened to UPS but not going brown anymore.