1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

service writer rant

Discussion in 'General' started by colin96, Aug 23, 2017.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Oh, and the speed related howl? Carrier bearings in the rear end were junk. Service advisor got snarky with me when I came to get it, to boot.

Haven't had a single dealership problem with either of my diesels I bought new. Had one problem with Chrysler when they insisted that the tech was wrong diagnosing a bad harness and made them put an ECU in instead. Blew up the dealership's programmer and put me three days further out getting my truck repaired when they had to order...wait for it...a harness.

2. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

I talked to one of the Infiniti techs today, from what he said, the parts for the fix are on inter-stellar backorder. He said he has been ordering them for cars for the last 5 weeks, and hasn't seen one yet.
    I'm guessing that's why the writer is giving you the run around. Don't ask me why, but service advisors are stupid(at least mine are). They love lying to people to save face instead of telling them the truth.

3. It's a different vent solenoid I'd imagine. Nissan change to a different style a few years ago that doesn't stick partially shut and flows a lot better. It's a global common part for them so I assume that's what they are replacing.

4. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I had mostly good experiences with the local Audi dealership where I am. I had a base B6 A4 for 6yrs with the first three under a CPO warranty. They were better to me with CPO warranty repairs than Ford has been with new car warranty repairs (ie service was almost always good, and they gave me clean, interesting loaners on par with the car I owned. Ford did nothing of the sort). Only issues I had with Audi were for the "definition of how much of an oil leak is too much" regarding a valve cover gasket and an issue with the 1.8T slave clutch cylinder. I assumed going it that it's always tough to prove anything clutch related is a mfg defect and not misuse. It also helped that I had a good independent guy locally that I used for anything non-warranty.

I'd buy another Audi given the chance. The problem is the ones I want don't come with a manual, a non-electronic handbrake, or a center diff. The previous gen TTRS comes the closest, but it still uses a Haldex system.

5. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

So service manager called me yesterday to inform me that "you know your car better than we do" and that " I'm gonna take your word for it". They did the "recall" per the TSB. I thanked him very much, seemed like a nice guy.

As stated above, I just don't know why the service writer took the approach he did, just seemed like he wanted to control the outcome before the service even got started. Maybe it's just me, but I have a customer facing job, and I have a different approach, especially on a come back issue.

Anyway, it's getting done and they told us keep the QX60 loaner thru the weekend and enjoy, so the wife's happy.

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out for you.