1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server issues

Discussion in 'General' started by 13x, May 15, 2013.

1. 13x

13x 13x.com

Sorry for the outage yesterday. A loader pulled up a large tangle of wires next door and 5 of our 6 pairs are down. We are still limping along so I may try to move the BBS to our other location this morning. Expect more downtime today.

Jim

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Another way Mono is killing roadracing in America!!!!

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Fawkin AMA guys again......

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Can the beeb ban itself? I mean, it DID provide a youtube link that was NOT posted in the youtube thread!

:D

What was I supposed to do yesterday, actually work?! Pffft.

5. supercarl

supercarl AKA The Pool Boy

I seem to remember something like this happening before lol.... the beeb needs an airfence to protect its wires

6. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

I'm publicly blaming Nikk. He wanted the site moved to a slower server.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Let me drive the bobcat and I'll take this f@cker down for a month!

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Here's something for the construction hacks working outside your building, seeing as how they're two-for-two now - http://www.call811.com/

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Don't be dramatic. Mono isn't deadly. :rolleyes:

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What ever happened to call BEFORE you dig? Miss Utility's gettin' no love around there.

11. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Jim, if you see Mel anytime can you have her check her 13x account? It's the one I was given for advertising. I assume that goes to server money? Plus I'd like to complain that NOTB shirts never seem to be made available in XX-FAT.
    :)

12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I hope that poor bastard had the utility lines marked before he dug or it's gonna cost him a bunch of money!

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: It suck for the BBS but stil funny the only thing that's taken it down in a long long long time has been a guy in a backhoe :D

14. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

That sounds like a challenge....

15. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

A friend used to carry a small length of fiber optic cable in his jacket pocket at all times. When asked he'd refer to it as his GPS. Pressed for further explanation he'd note that should he become lost he merely had to drop the fiber onto the ground and wait for the inevitable backhoe to come along and sever it, and ask the operator for directions.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I couldn't believe that when I first heard it.....but didn't JU have a picture up on RRW of the hole in the ground or am I imagining things?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: That is fantastic!

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I remember seeing that pic not sure where tho.

19. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Are we sure the guy in the backhoe isn't a member of the beeb that got pissed off after being banned and is getting even with Mongo, Dave K or Papa?

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing would surprise me :D

Although, if you're dumb enough to get banned from here I'm not sure you'd be able to operate a backhoe.