1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seller Etiquette

Discussion in 'General' started by ekraft84, Sep 8, 2017.

1. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I forgot the sarcasm tags!

Metalhead likes this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

age old proverb holds true... "bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush".. for years, growing up, i was like "WTF does that even mean??" .
    as some said, cash talks. Offer to meet him on price in the middle, that ya have other offers. All he can do is say no when he comes to see it.

And ya better attach a massive disclaimer to said sale, relieving you and multiple generations to follow of any liability, claims of stuff not included that he thinks should have been included, and to not call on Saturday mornings.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Buyer 1 time wasn't set in stone.

What complicated matters was that all interested buyers were on the other side of the state for some reason. I let Buyer 1 know (I got a "k, thanks" reply, so probably not all that serious/upset about it) and confirmed cash with Buyer 2. Should be good now.

Next - what's the proper etiquette towards buying the next bike? Is stopping at the bike shop on the way home and putting down a deposit a bad idea? :D

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I was actually going to ask you to sell the bike for me Greg!

:D :D

MELK-MAN likes this.
  5. I like bananas and peanut butter.

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I figured. But I was concerned.:D

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The question is whats your asking price. $100 off a $5000 bike isn't bad. $100 off $500 is a big chunk of the asking price.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Buyer #1 is a brokeass flake, probably poos 3+ times a day = don't sell to him.

Buyer #2 is a annoying flipper, probably poos < 1 time a day = don't sell to him

Buyer #3 is a good solid 1 poo per day kind of guy = sell to him

Phl218 likes this.