1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott Redding's continuing and very public meltdown.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Did they just rip all that from the 44teeth video? Because that's word for word what he said. Nice journalism.

ducnut and nk140 like this.
  2. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

They embedded the 44teeth video in the actual article.

laich528 and Steeltoe like this.
  3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:beer:

Nice to see those guys getting their recognition. Best moto journalists on the tube!

mpusch likes this.
  4. They do a good job and really know the racers. Say what you want about Greg White but he does his homework. Not as much as he used to but does a better job than most.

5. I may start a Chanel called 88 teeth for stunters :) I thought that was a good video and gave a decent insight of Redding that you don’t normally see. Like the discussions about electronics in BSB and how he plans to start with the WSBK. Makes total sense and that’s the way I’ve always approached things. Crazy when you see people teams, especially going from say stk to sbk. Throw the kitchen sink at it and can never get to the bottom of issues. While other teams take a much more methodical approach of adding parts and testing the cause and effect. Westby seemed to do a really good job at this, I don’t have any inside details just based on what I’ve read.

ducnut likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The thing I picked up on was him saying how riding without rider aids has opened his eyes to using his wrist and body position to make the bike behave how he wants. Brookes and the boys better be on their game in the Showdown.

But man I would really hate to see him back in MotoGP. It's the Spanish/Italian series and I just don't believe someone without those passports has much of a shot at the title the way things stand. WSBK should be good for him. If Ducati can give him a good bike.

ducnut likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think a Brit who could do what Marquez can do wouldn't have a tenured factory ride? Poney poo.

The Great One likes this.
  8. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Redding has a pretty good YouTube channel, unfortunately not much posted since he joined BSB.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Good.

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

A Brit or American just doesn’t have a real shot of developing to Marc’s level. Marc’s prodigious talent was discovered at something like 8 years old. Then he was developed to be an HRC winning machine with enormous resources and an extremely well developed talent pipeline. Only someone with a similar level of investment will beat or match him. That’s not gonna happen for a Brit or American period. I don’t even see how someone with the genius of Stoner would make it today if he weren’t in that same pipeline. I’m sure there’s a couple guys Marc’s age in the US who had the same native talent as a youngster but ended up in accounting because there was no way to trade on that talent.

zrx12man likes this.
  11. I’d be hard pressed to believe that Stoner in his prime wouldn’t give MM a run for his money, I despise Stoner off the track but hard to argue with his raw talent.

cav115 and nd4spd like this.
  12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Oh Stoner could give the dude a run for his money. If ol’ boy had stuck around Marquez’s record would be half of what it is. I just think it’s nearly impossible for someone not in the standard GP pipe to get a shot now. His family gave up everything so they could move to Europe and race. I don’t think even that would be enough today.

Unless your family has dump loads of money or Stoner’s parents levels of commitment a non Spaniard/Italian won’t be able to show their talent.

Let’s put it this way. Marquez comes from a regular family. Marquez was identified around 8 but from what I remember his racing bills then got paid by sponsors. If he’d had the same level of talent and grown up in Salinas, CA he’d probably be in MotoAmerica today trying to figure out if he could scrape up enough to ride next year.

zrx12man, Steeltoe and ducnut like this.
  13. There are parents with money and commitment I just don’t think we’ve found the right combination of $, commitment and talent. MM isn’t as good as he is just because he’s been racing since 8 with resources. He has a lot of natural abilities as well, case and point, why isn’t his brother where he was at that point in his career?

14. I think Paasch is making some good choices with his career development. He’s riding in a pretty deep field, maybe not the Spanish championship but I’d think it’s at least 2nd globally to that. He’s also riding different equipment to get experience, really likeable kid, they love him in the UK. I doubt he will be the next saving grace but it’s good to see him doing so well.

Bruce, HPPT and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Right now I settle for an American with Crutchlow’s talent, just sayin....

pscook and HPPT like this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Or an Aussie. Now that I think about it, with Marc's skills, you could sport a Jamaican passport and get factory ride.
    So a guy who nets 2 championships in 7 years is somehow going to take down a guy who (against the same or better competition) is on course for 6/7. Naw, man, the world probably wouldn't have worked out that way. More likely, once Marc got in Stoner's head, he'd have retired a second time. :Poke:

Bruce and bleacht like this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And how does that explain all the other Spaniards and Italians who can't do what he can do?

Obviously, if there is someone with alien talent who never get near a motorcycle, it will never happen for them. But you can't get me to believe that there are guys as good as him in the US or the UK (or anywhere else, for that matter) who are actually tried racing and never got anywhere because they weren't Spanish.

You bring up Stoner: what's keeping a Brit of equal talent to do today what he did? He ain't Spanish. A young British alien wouldn't have a more difficult path to GP, in my opinion. He would be ahead just by not having to cross oceans to get himself to the right place.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  18. Someone write that for you? Seems a bit too intelligent :)

19. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Had I got the chance, I'd whip MM93's ass. All of you, fund me, please :cool::D

20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

After watching that video of Redding golfing I kinda want to party with him.