1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scott McKee

Discussion in 'General' started by Shawn A., Jul 4, 2005.

1. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

I Hope all is as well, as can be.

Get well soon Scott!

Rich

;)

2. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Heal up fast Scott!

3. Assassin650

Assassin650 EX-SV650 Juggernaut

Scott,

First and foremost - I am glad to hear that you are okay, relatively speaking.

If you are the guy that tucked the front before turn 10 on the red & white Yamaha, my brother has several action photos of the incident. Email me at [email protected] if you would like me to forward them to ya.

Get Well Soon.

4. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

:stupid: and double for that 2 officials part.

Yo, Scott.... mend fast. Us SOSO types are gonna help you get a bike back together.

Oh, BTW.... Did I tell you that was an SV we were getting for you?? :D

I know that last thing abut the SV bothers Scott more than any broken bones!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  5. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and concerns! I would like to thank all the folks who helped and offered to help load up me and my junk and get it home. All you guys are the biggest reason I love to race, from the guys I've known forever to the guys I just met this weekend, It's all a great family to be involved with. Special thanks to Tom & Janeen for putting up with my loopie butt till the retreival crew arrived.

Went to the Doc today and he can't decide anything till they do a CAT scan of the sholder blade to see how many pieces it's in. May require surgery may not.

Any one that has any info on what happened I would really appreciate hearing it. Sunday is pretty much missing from the memory banks.

To the guy who's got pics, I'll send you my e-mail addy when I can type a little better.

Thanks again,

Scott

6. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

glad to hear your back home scott! i hope you fell better dude! Can i borrow some pain meds!

7. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I'm glad you made it home O.K. I bet the trip down the ultra smooth PA turnpike was alot of fun.

Keep us posted on your recovery, and heal up quick.

8. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Gald your home Scott. Get well soon!:up:

9. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Like Clutch said, we were both running right behind you when you went down.

It looked to me like one of two things happened:

1. There was a little bit of dust/dirt remaining on the track just before the entering T10. It gets there after som heavy rainfall b/c water runs across the track there. I did see the dust kick up a bit while we were both on the brakes. The front could have started to slip there.

2. Your brakes just simply locked and you lowsided. It seemed as though your line wasn't bad. I was just inside you ready to pass. Were you trailbraking into the turn?

Either way, it was hard to see anything obvious from my perspective. I was following you for a little while and you were running smooth.

Regardless, heal up quick..................WERA needs folks like you!:beer:

10. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Quick Update

I spoke with Scott last nite. He's actually forming complete sentences, so I think the shot to the head is getting better.

He's off to another ortho. today to get a scan of the shoulder blade to decide if it needs screwed and glued back together.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ummmm, he didn't form complete sentences beforehand - I htink a visit to a neurologist is in order if he's all of the sudden started doing so... :D

12. Scott McKee

Scott McKee FZR crasher

'T' I'm quite sure you have much better pain meds than I'll ever get for a stinking broken bone. :D

Mongo, after all I work for you guys, didn't know full sentences was a requirement. :Poke:

Got th CAT scan done today but now need to get back in to see the Ortho, who didn't bother to return my Wifes call. So they will have to deal with her in the morning. :wow:

The head feels somewhat better today but Sunday is still missing. I guess thats just not going to come back.

By the way, typing with one hand (the left), really sucks!:(

Later,

Scott

13. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

Get well soon Scott and thanks again for all of your help and advice this past weekend.

Henry

WERA 777 SV650

14. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

[​IMG]

;) j/k Scott, gotta :Poke: fun a another "Scott" :up:

15. puresportsdesigns

puresportsdesigns Yea, I guess

heal up fast Scott.

16. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

glad your feeling better... hang tough! :up: :D

17. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Yeah, wives can be down right bitches when their phone calls aren't returned. Especially when it's concerning their husbands. :)

Hey Scott, not that I noticed or anything but your typing is better with one hand. ;)

18. nikponcherello

nikponcherello EX #688

big relief

Glad to hear your doing okay! :clap:

I was hoping you remembered something about Sunday. I was obviously holding you up in the braking zone for that turn and I wanted to get some tips from you on where else I was slow. :up:

Seriously though, the last time I cracked a helmet open I lost about 2-3 hours before it and 2-3 hours after it happened. Even returning to the scene a year later didn't bring anything back.

19. hintonrsvr

hintonrsvr Well-Known Member

Scott, what happened from my perspective. We were battling back and forth for the lead in DSB. Several times I had passed you on the inside of 10 olnly to have you pass me on the front straight and then I would repass you in 1 and you would pass me just befor the kink. I thought you entered 10 a little hotter and on a little tighter line that you had and just tucked the front landing quite hard on you right shoulder and then back and then sliding of the track behind your bike. Hope this helps jog your memeory.
    I hope you heal up quick, and am glad that you are doing as well as you are so far.

20. Parr

Parr Well-Known Member

Ouch!

Scott - I feel for you man. I also crashed big in 10 once and rang my bell really well. Glad to hear that you are basically OK. Take the concussion seriously, and give yourself some time to get back to what passes for normal (hey, you are a roadracer!). It will be a coupe of weeks before you are back to status quo.