1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on ram1500 eco diesels

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Both were 2014's

Phl218 and XFBO like this.
  2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Thnx for sharing!

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

It's still under warranty and I will get the additional from carmax...

4. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I don't have much to say except from living on earth the past 53 years if you go half the distance it just doesn't count for much...

Go full diesel or stay where you are, just my lowly 2 cents ;)

5. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

I bought a 2014 Ram eco-diesel 2wd new. i drive it 100 miles daily to commute and tow my boat with it. ive had zero problems with it and really like it. i get 27 mpg and 31 if just highway. fyi

XFBO, Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Just bought it :D

TLR67, XFBO, BigBird and 3 others like this.
  7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

And no pics? You suck.

Phl218 and Shenanigans like this.
  8. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Congrats!

Phl218 likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Congratulations @Phl218 ...

you are truly becoming an 'Murican..well a redneck one...but 'Murican nonetheless :p

V5 Racer and Phl218 like this.
  10. @Phl218 is the most American person I know. He rides an American flag he calls an SV and he drinks Budweiser while mowing his acres on his ride on lawn mower in South Carolina listening to skynard.

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

How many miles you have on it now ? I've been kicking around the idea of getting one too. My hemi gets crap mileage towing. Also mileage when towing?

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

Jut drove it around town. Stop and go. A bit of freeway. 26MPG as per computer.

It has almost 12k miles on it. Some small dings and scratches. The loan will cost me 1.2k over the term. I freakin love it.

Next is a bed liner, a cover , load dist. hitch and plasti dippin the wheels.

No clue what I get towing. Forums say ~15mpg

'Murcia f@$k yeah!

image.jpeg

13. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Well at least there`s that.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Yep.

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins, love it. tows a 6K trailer@ 75mph getting 15 mpg. 24 mpg empty @ 70.

Quiet, drives great, comfy.

Shenanigans and Phl218 like this.
  15. User_Name

User_Name PASSWORD

We are currently doing emissions testing on a bunch of the "light duty vehicles" including a few Ecodiesel Ram 1500s. They drive great and seem to get the MPG that everyone raves about from the short time I've fooled with them. Industry rumor is that long term reliability and driveability was sacrificed to pass the federal emissions regulations. Specifically the exhaust gas flow rate is very high in this engine causing the intake manifold to have a lot of soot issues. You can find some videos on Youtube of people cleaning their EGR system out at 15k miles and it's pretty eye opening. If you aren't keeping it long-term it seems to be a pretty good truck. I'd look to a Cummins or similar for long term though.

Phl218 likes this.
  16. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Yeah my buddy with the GC's had the exhaust get super plugged up on him too. Also he noticed that when he bought his 2014 they had a 100k mile powertrain warranty. Now it's like 60k.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

That 70mph tail wind must have been crazy.

RFairbairn and Eskimo like this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Gutting exhausts is my specialty.

:D

I know quite a bit about the DEF and what kind of problems come with it. I was involved in the development of a valve for the DNOX 2.2 system and I also developed a pump for denso.
    Nasty, nasty stuff.

Bottom line: try to get rid of it... Sc doesn't test so I'ma look how to trick it

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Good luck defeating it. It should all be can based. EPA requires "tamper" monitoring reporting and derates.

I'd consider living with the def and finding a way to decrease the egr flow. Let the urea clean up the nox

Phl218 likes this.
  20. jocko

jocko Well-Known Member

i have just under 40k on it now. i'm not sure what mileage it gets towing, ive never checked.

Shenanigans likes this.