1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I've never "lost" on BA, but it does take time....even us "losers" seem to get lucky sometimes.

I sold a bunch of my employee stock in 2018, near 400....what I paid varied from 30 - 50 or so. took like 20 years tho

I bought back in in 2020 at around 90.....and just "scraped off" about 33% at $260 on Dec 29, so it would go on last years taxes.

Its come down since the door plug deal, but I have faith, and its always done me well.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This thing is down 30% since I sold it. If it keeps going to $5.00, I'm probably buying again.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Papa riding the coaster like...

[​IMG]

Edit: @HPPT I was curious so I looked for some news...the CEO, CSO, CMO, CTO and Legal sold shares on the 16th...total sold was ~25,000 shares. I dont know if they had to sell...all had bills come due or whatever but that sure doesnt sound like they think the stock is going higher in the near term.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    418, HPPT and bleacht like this.
  4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

There eleventy seven different reasons an insider might sell a stock. I don't usually weight that very much.

Now, the entire c-suitw at once is certainty curious...

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Boy... When I'm eating, I really should wait til the next stoplight to post on the beeb.:D

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Pump and Dump Bitcoin, is alive and well

8. 418

418 Expert #59

They're pushing Internet Computer on TicTok now.

Since I have become aware of it it has lost a solid 30%.

Winning.

BrentA and BigBird like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Here's an example of why you shouldn't be paying a financial advisor to manage your money.... my guy in the last 5+ years of managing my IRA steered the ship away from tech and healthcare stocks/funds and toward his "DOW Dividend strategy" which was basically buying a bunch of Old Man blue chip stocks that paid dividends averaging 5% or so. Historically that may have been a solid idea, but the timing sure sucked for me. Since taking over the account myself I've unloaded most of these boat anchors, but still have a chunk of MMM. It's down 31% since he bought it almost 5 years ago....the 5% dividends don't quite make up for that.

No offense to the good managers out there... just a PSA to keep an eye on your damn $$$

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    galloway840, sanee, 418 and 2 others like this.
  10. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

[​IMG]

418 likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, at least he's not the Merrill Lynch guy who put all my aunt's money into Enron.

galloway840, 418 and BrentA like this.
  12. Tristan

No doubt! I don't know the details, but my MIL told me she had like $30K that she gave to one of the big name brokers years ago that was just GONE within a year. I really don't know how that happens without some straight up theft involved.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

motion and A. Barrister like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. Tristan

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

"F'in Only Rolls Downhill"

17. BrentA

BrentA Very expensive.

Hear, hear!

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Losing money to the tune of $36K per unit. Holy shit, I wanna know what market resarch firm told them that a plain ass EV pick up truck was going to appeal to any Ford customer audience.

At least the Rivian and Tesla have that "it's different" appeal.

Which that hasn't done shit for the Rivian stock I took a bath on but that's a story for another day.

BigBird likes this.
  19. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I guess what I don't understand is......isn't the GAS version of the F150 the beat selling pickup ?

Why are you trying to cancel yourself .

Improve what you already have

418 likes this.
  20. Tristan

Big sale on TSLA! Sounds like it may be a few beats before they resume kicking ass, but I'll continue to load up until then.

And wtf happened to make IBM shoot up?