1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on investing...

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Nov 8, 2017.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Nope, not much. No capacity to process loans even if rates could otherwise move 1/8 to 1/4.

2. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I don't mind being the contrarian, but this appears to be GFC2 or worse, exhibiting all the signs of a trigger to a credit crunch that will take a few quarters to play out at a fundamentals level, now with a pandemic overlay that has only just begun, and possibly the start of prolonged global recession, why would you do anything but go to cash? Besides, historically in an L shaped event (as this appears will be) it is much safer/better return to wait and watch vs go in early.

GRH likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I just grabbed 5 shares of AMC for $2... :D

sill'r B sill'd likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Goofier things have happened. My brother bought a bunch of Ford back when it was $4 per share. Worked out pretty well for him.

tony 340 likes this.
  5. thrak410

Got 100 shares of IBIO @ $1.10 ...
    Dumped RUBY with a $50

Anyone else doing anything? Ford has been under $5 most of the day...

6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I pulled $300 from the ATM

7. thrak410

Doing your part I see lol :D

GRH likes this.
  8. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

i've been watching Ford closely. I think when it falls into the mid $4's I will buy in.

Tj Hunter likes this.
  9. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Mom bought 10K worth of Ford last time it dropped under $2

She sold around 16 if I remember right:beer:

10. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

I'm in the buying mood. Loading up my buyers acct. Purchased some CCL yesterday, but holding before I buy anything else more as I think we have not hit the bottom (just a guess). I was too anxious yesterday, but nevertheless still a good price to buy CCL. Waiting for $8 a share before I buy more.

Going to buy SAIC, LDOS, DIS, OXY, HAL, XOM, FDX, and a low cost ETF (Haven't decided which one yet).

I MAY buy some SDC if it gets to $2 and RCL if the price drops to $15.

I'm a long term investor and wont even consider selling anything for at least 5 to 10 years.

Wish me luck while I roll these dices! :):)

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They were saying on CNBC the other day that CVX is a better prospect than XOM.

12. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Thinks for the insight. I'll look into that. I'm not too smart in the Gas and Oil industry. Just going off some recommendations from my buddies who are long term holders.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I am a longtime holder of XOM. I would appreciate any buying you do to slow the bleeding. :D But you're probably better off buying something else. Also look at BP.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  14. Goldie

Goldie Well-Known Member

Will do... ;)

15. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Going to sink some money in the Cruise ships for the long term. It was a total disaster for them, but they are not going anywhere. Trump will give them a bailout and the stocks might shoot up and stabilize????? Bought some CCL today because its cheap and going to wait a while and as soon as I think its around the bottom (wild goose chase) I'll put some money in royal Caribbean. I've spent about 10 years living in or around cruise ship ports, kind of like Disney world, they are going to last the long haul.

16. thrak410

NCL is a good one too, was over $50 not that long ago, then today was under $10 for a bit ... Disney is huge, I'm still waiting on them though. I said $100 before, now I'm thinking under $90 is possible.

17. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I got some at 100 and will buy more if it hits 90. At the same time doubled my positions in amzn, msft, and aapl.

Still have considerable dry powder waiting for the other major factor besides COVID and oil... US election indicators.

18. Captain Morgan

what etfs are you looking at???

19. Captain Morgan

This whole thing is unpredictable, it's kind of fun

20. Captain Morgan

What are your thoughts on energy/oil??