1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me on enclosed trailer set-up

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

A jack stand under the foot peg works OK for a short term side stand. Just put it close in against the foot peg mount so there is less leverage to bend anything. If you are anal about scratching the bottom of your foot peg or the top of your jack stand, put a rag between them. That will hold the bike up long enough to put a TRS on.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Shit. That is a good idea too. I keep some jackstands in there for rear spring swaps. That would be easy enough.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What front stand were you using? My PB one would take a good hit to make the bike fall - but granted I'd probably keep a hand on the bike at all times just cuz.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Another easy one is a triangle stand from a dirt bike through a frame hole or the end of a peg or whatever works on your bike. I think a number of Japanese bikes are shipped with them as part of the crate, used to be a lot of them piled up at a dealership I hung out at, they gave them away.

5. It was the PitBull fork-lift stand.

I had just started racing and hadnt messed with bikes much (in general). It seemed like a good enough idea at the time. But it wasnt.

I have had the RSV4 come off of just the front stand before to. We tried it a couple of years ago for some reason. I cant remember what it was. But we wanted to leave it just on the front stand for a few seconds, and it almost fell over but Livengood caught it.

I just dont trust it.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense.

7. Yep. When coaching i will sometimes leave mine on Pit wall so i can get off and bullshit with people on the grid.
    https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/875/6944/Excel-Pro-Series-Triangle-Stand

[​IMG]

8. Lavana

Lavana The coming

I didn't read everything but I want to say that I also didn't want to spend the money on the TRS system and just like my LASIK surgery I would pay double or triple the price since I value it so much now that I have it. I have a base system in the truck and in the trailer.

I have an enclosed trailer and an open trailer. Choose to always put the bike in the truck if I'm traveling alone. Even when I'm picking up friends I still put my bike in the truck and haul their trailer to make dropping off easier.

Attached Files:

9. Look at this exhaust keychain. :D

[​IMG]

10. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I think the front stands that go into the center of the triple are more stable when no rear stand is used. When yours fell was it the kind that go under the fork bottoms? When using a front stand in the triple, if the steering head turns, pretty much nothing will happen. If you are using the one on the fork bottoms, if the steering head turns, the bike is going down.

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

that overhead shot of the pickup is exactly what makes the TRS so useful - you can put the bike so close to the edge without worrying about a tie-down point beyond the width of the vehicle.

On my open trailer, I run an old stop-sign post across the front edge of the trailer. It extends 6-8" beyond the deck so that I can get my tie-down points further away from center, and fit 2-3 bikes more easily. I could accomplish the same thing much more simply with 3 TRS setups, but I can't rationalize the expense for XR100's that were only $400-$900 when I bought them :P

12. Yep, fork kind.

And yep, it will. :mad:

That is what happened with the Ape also, the bars got bumped and it threw one of the fork legs off the stand.

13. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Someone from the AFJ group posted a picture up of his toolcart. He bolted a couple tabs on the end and uses a PitBull TRS to lock his tool chest into the trailer. No more E Track or ratches straps. When not in use, he just bungees it up. Pretty solid idea.

V5 Racer likes this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Where the hell was your Uccio when this happened?

15. This was in 09 when i first started racing. I had none then. :D

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

On the SV (at least the 1G), the swing arm bolt (that connects swingarm to frame) is hollow and the exact right size for MX stand, works perfect for temporary parking.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  17. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

So yeah, for the record my front stand is a first gen Pit-bull triple lifter.

18. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

It seems like it'd be simple to make pins for the swing arm pivot instead of the rear axle.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

WTF did that come from?

[​IMG]

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Broome :shrug: