1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC Project

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Dec 10, 2019.

1. I am seeing these exhausts more and more, at every level (including WSBK and MotoGP). Is it a case of them having an enormous advertising/sponsorship budget, or are they actually as good (or better) than say, Akrapovic?

Has anyone done (or seen) back-to-back dyno comparison tests?

If someone is biased (meaning they sell them exclusively, or are sponsored by them), I don't care to hear your input. I am looking for unbiased, real world feedback.

Thanks

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The ones I have seen are very high quality. I don't have any dyno sheets to show, but generally they are on the louder side. I must say they look cool which is clearly most important.

Shocker, rafa, CR750 and 8 others like this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I thought you were going to fix South Carolina and shit. :Poke:

4. Of course. Why else do you think im considering them? :D

5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine has one on his new Aprilia and it sounds delicious. Not quite the input you were looking for, but unbiased anyway. :D

6. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Jennings GP: you’re being meatballed because you’re over our dB limit

Buddy: yes, but it sounds delicious, so I should be exempt.

:D :D :D

Shocker, backbone, Steeltoe and 7 others like this.
  7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I to have noticed their popularity as of late. They make one for the Honda Africa Twins but I chose the Akrapovic instead.

Not sure I’d want anything louder than the Akro even with the baffles in it. Half way to Key West I was wishing I had the stock muffler back on it. :confused:

ducnut likes this.
  8. In fairness, a $19 Autozone exhaust tip would sound good on an RSV4, so that isn't really saying much. :D

But yeah, sound is the very least of my concerns. The sound has zero influence on my decision (unless it is something that is too loud and can cause issues, like Trevor said).

backbone, pfhenry and NemesisR6 like this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that you can buy a nice used 600 for the cost of a new full titanium akropovic exhaust?

Adam.B, Newyork and awalk9905 like this.
  10. Sabre699

Details.....meh. ;)

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

12. Sabre699

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yeah, "fuck it, I can't afford it" :D

noles19 and Sabre699 like this.
  14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It'll come way down after you set your eye on some other bike and put the V4 up for sale.

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

That is exactly why I kept the stock exhaust on my Tiger. I have an M4 “race” system on my SV and my riding buddy has even commented how loud it is. I have a Staintune on my VFR, which is about all I can handle on it. I’ve been thinking about putting dB killers in both bikes, even with wearing earplugs. I’m kind of over loud(er) exhausts.

This video has given me a new appreciation for their exhausts. However, their Ducati upcharge is stupid. $5K for an exhaust? FFS!!!

Senna likes this.
  16. Oh for sure, nothing holds its value. Its sad, and pathetic to think about how little return there is on bikes/parts.

But to be honest, we have done it to ourselves. Everything is worth the value others place on it. As racers, we are always looking to get shit as cheap as possible. When somebody asks a premium price for something, people are like "no way, its not worth that", "that's crazy", "for $3k more i could build a brand new one just like it", so on and so forth.

...then it comes back on them when they try to sell their own shit. They take a huge loss also.

cav115, TurboBlew and Sabre699 like this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They're doing stuff for lots of high end cars too. $10k for a Ferrari!

https://www.topendmotorsports.com/f...MI3b6wn92r5gIVQdbACh00DQxOEAkYASABEgJRR_D_BwE

ducnut likes this.
  18. Sabre699

Anyone who savors and builds their bikes over time knows this but the gratification of doing it right and have it work for you out-weighs this monetary loss shit.

ekraft84, cav115, fastfreddie and 2 others like this.
  19. Absolutely.

TurboBlew and Sabre699 like this.