1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sag/Geometry Question

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Atahan Koymen, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Atahan Koymen

Atahan Koymen Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, new updates on this issue. As racetech recommended I installed the 2mm shock spacer back on the bike last saturday. During the install i took the shock out, and realized the ring that indicates the shock travel on the shaft was all the way to the bottom of the shock (may be 1-2 mm off the bottom) I know what kind of a travel i need on the forks but never paid attention to the shock. Is this normal travel for a 600 lbs spring for a 165 lbs rider without gear. I figured MAY be it went down that much as i was bouncing on the bike for sag measurements etc but after the installing the rear spacer i bounced on the bike to see where the oring drops to, it was may be 1/3 of the total shaft not all the way to the bottom. I wish i can upload picture of the shock but i could not.

2. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

The same problem with zip ties is encountered with your dirt ring in back. You don't know if that was from hitting a big pothole or other significant one time suspension movement vs the suspension movement with cornering and accelerating which is what u are more worried about.
    I doubt you are compressing the suspension on corner exit to the bottom with a 165 pound rider and a 600 pound spring on a 600. But I have been wrong many times before...

3. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

or the o-ring slid down while u were transporting the bike. this is not confirmation of an issue. go ride the bike.