1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safety Systems for Motorcycles on the horizon

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Joe Morris, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

2. DuncR6

DuncR6 BCICAN

Blind spots? Uhhhh how about you just turn your head and f-ing look.

3. Joe Morris

Side detection is getting pretty standard on these systems but I'm just wondering where you find the real estate on a modern sport bike to mount the sensor? Current sensors are about the size of a business card and need to mounted pretty close to parallel to the path of travel.

4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

They made room for catalytic converters. If the have to, these sensors will find a home too.

5. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

they just need to take the cars and trucks off the road, then they will never have a car/motorcycle crash again....sensors can't even come close to a percentage like that!!

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well except for those pesky single bike accidents.

Wonder how those sensors would respond to lean angles? (not that I have anything to be worried about)

7. Joe Morris

Good point Acree. Front end collision sensors have trouble distinguishing a bridge support from a stopped 18-wheeler. Side sensors could probably be fooled also.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Develop a stupid sensor (model it on Dave K) and you can retire to a life of luxury.

Hell, you might even be able to buy your balls back!

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yeas, but if Dave K criteria were used, no one would ever be able to ride. I will never be able to afford to repurchase the nads.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Jimmy Carter -> Joan Claybrook
    Barack Obama -> ???

I have long said President Obama is Carter light so why should he differ in putting motorcycle haters in the NHTSA? Wait until you find out the sensor comes with a stunter crash cage and a beacon for your helmet :Poke:

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Wouldn't that be Carter dark?

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Actually light is incorrect as he has caused more of everything but inflation and that is coming. So Carter++ now.