1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RZ350 aftermarket radiators

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by rd400racer, Feb 12, 2019.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

2. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I've got 'GPI' radiators on my 1992 WR250ZD, took a couple times to get units with the mounts in the correct spot, spigots correct, etc. To their credit, I wasn't charged for the redos, and it was obvious the radiators they based off of were either wrong or seriously waffled. The final units fit decently although I had to grind down the aluminum where some tabs pressed on, the aluminum being much thicker than OEM. Overall I'm happy with them, if the RZ offering is based on a good template I'd have no worries with the radiator itself.

SpeedyE and rd400racer like this.
  3. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Lots of positive reports on the RZ/RD forum for the ebay radiators. Regarding GPI, specifically, I ordered a set for my WR426 for $70 including shipping (Cheap!). The mounting locations and large hoses lined up perfectly, but the upper crossover spigot was a) the wring size and b) pointing at the frame, not the pass-through hole in the frame. After a couple of emails, the seller refunded $40 and I fixed the spigot orientation myself and ordered the right size hose. It set me back a week, but the rest of the fit (and the price!) was close enough to make me comfortable recommending GPI radiators.

rd400racer and TurboBlew like this.
  4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

It appears a lot of people run a R6 radiator. That is what my bike had on it when I got it. It fits the bike well but I hate the hose routing. I wonder if the r6 radiator is better? I keep considering buying an aftermarket radiator and hose kit just to have a clean setup.

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I just checked on Ebay and the majority of R6 radiators are used, crappy and cost more than the new RZ radiators.

6. zx250r

zx250r Well-Known Member

Did you pick one up?
    Curious on your experience

7. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

What year R6? I have a couple 99-02 rads.