1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan Patterson

Discussion in 'General' started by Six3SixGal, May 31, 2010.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Its been nearly 2 months... :confused:

2. Sideshow

Sideshow Free reach around expert.

I'll decipher this for joo.

We are hoping in time people forget about this incident.

There will be no other outcome so keep sitting on the edge of your seat for nothing.

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

:stupid: Yea, I'm quite sure in any sport or motorsports, punishment, penalties, fines, and/or suspensioins....would have been handed out swiftly....like in a day or 2.

4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

For you, the sponsor, where does the complication lie?

5. Absolute

Absolute Well-Known Member

After Confirming Ryan Is still not eligible to compete in CCS at this time,Ryan's Sponsorship is suspended.

" I do not feel the need to comment about the incident in particular any more than I have already. I will let The rest of the Absolute Cycle's participating riders, and our safety records speak for Absolute for the past and the present of our involvement in the sport. We always take the side of safety and will only Support Riders who uphold our reputation both on and off the Race Track now and in the future. We thank all that support our days and AbsoluteCycle.com."-Roy Cadoo President Absolute Performance LLC

6. upon1frm45

upon1frm45 Member

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

So the only reason his sponsorship is suspended is because he's not eligible to race CCS?? What happens when/if his license is reinstated?

What comments have you made about it?

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Out of curiosity, how is that 'alot of shuffling'?

Absolute indicated they can't support Patterson, so instead of leaving the sponsorship money undistributed they chose another rider to support.

In this economy, that's a helluva good thing to do for the sport, imo.

Why should there be any other comments made about it? They're a sponsor who made the decision to support another rider based upon the outcome of the situation.

What happened with Patterson has been addressed. He cannot race CCS, and as a result he's not receiving support.

9. Absolute

Absolute Well-Known Member

See the initial Reply to the incident when this thread started for my response.
    If Ryan is re-instated I will make that decision at that time.
    Eric Stump Has picked up where sponsorship left off and we wish him luck.
    If you are looking for a more personal comment about the entire incident "I was not happy then, and not happy now about what took place. Other than the prospect of having Eric represent us now, I do not have a short memory, and wish the whole thing did not take place in the first place."

Hopefully Racers, and Track day riders will learn from all bad choices and develop a "track etiquette" That respects the rules of clubs and sanctioning bodies, and each other. That is what we strive for at our Track days and schools.

10. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

I don't know this Absolute outfit, but I like this guy Roy.

Roy, I may have to come to one of your trackdays someday soon.

11. Well said Roy.

I have know Roy since 2003, basically since the first time I rode on the track, and he has always been a good guy as far as I'm concerned.

12. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Stumpy Jr is a great kid. I don't see him having "track related incidents" as previously described. Plus you'll get much more exposure with him being in AMA doing both SS and the Harley series, hell he put his on the box at Road America

13. Z-man

Z-man Resident Instigator

I think Roy has posted plenty on this subject. What happens between a rider and his sponsor is none of your business. There are contracts involved for these types of sponsorships. Roy posted he isn't happy about the situation and has suspended Ryan's sponsorship. Once it was confirmed Ryan couldn't race, I'm pretty sure that would be a violation of any type of agreement he and Roy would have and Absolute could move on to sponsor another rider without having to worry about any legal action from Ryan for breach of contract. Ryan is out thats enough, will you be able to sleep tonight if the legal reason is breach of contract and not because of his behavior?

14. Carnage R1

Carnage R1 Well-Known Member

Stump is a cool kid.

15. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

+1