1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rush: the movie

Discussion in 'General' started by Blammo, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

I just watched an advance screening of Rush.

It was BAD ASS. And my wife, who didnt give a shit about F1 going in, and barely cared about MotoGP, came out a fan of F1 and wanting to watch Senna. (She also emerged wanting to bang James Hunt, but I can live with that).

4 thumbs up, if my feet had opposable thumbs.

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Haven't been to a theatre in years, but I'm thinking seriously about going for this.

3. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I don't know much about it other than it looks good, is it based on a true story? Where would one go about renting, watching, or owning Senna? I'm new to the F1 thing.

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

This is super-cool to hear, been looking forward to seeing this and hoping it wasn't going to be hack.

@ Renegade - check your cable listings, ESPN2 and some others have been replaying Senna lately. Great documentary.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Are you related to Chaotic?:D

6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Papa placed a great video about the Rush movie in the youtube thread.

7. Blammo

Blammo Well-Known Member

It is on Netflix, if you are down with that. And it is real, like most worthwhile experiences.

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

No I'm just late to the 4 wheel party. I have rode many air cooled bikes and understand that drum brakes aren't part of a musical performance. Sorry Chris.

9. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Check out "when Playboys rules the world"

http://vimeo.com/17038774

It is a documentary on James Hunt and Barry Sheene

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I cannot fucking wait for this movie

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

awesome.. thanks for that Fred..

12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The last movie I saw in the theater was Nacho Libre I think. I will def go see Rush though.

13. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Surprised this thread took so long to pop up. After watching the video above a few months ago, I'm definitely stoked to see Rush.

14. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Make sure no one tells him how Senna ends :Poke:

15. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Yea, Ron Howard was on Top Gear talking about the movie before it came out. He seemed very passionate about the story and the people behind the old days of F1.

Previews seemed way over-hollywoodish, but I'm glad it sounds like a winner. Not a big fan of when Hollywood takes 'creative license' with true stories. Seen way too many true story movies that should have their license revoked.

16. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Ducati and MV hired him him away from F1 to design their special edition bikes.

17. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I just watched this again for the eleventy billionth time earlier this week. Great documentary. Some really funny commentary.

18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will be there opening night for sure....

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Road & Track magazine has a review and a fascinating interview with Ron Howard in the current edition.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was a great documentary.

The one I posted in the you tube thread the other day focuses specifically on the Hunt/Lauda clash in 1976, which I understand to be the focus of the movie as well.