1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ruben Xaus crash count

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 8, 2010.

1. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

He's riding much better now. He did crash in qualifying but he didn't destroy the bike just a low side. He will be fast in the race I believe he qualified 6th.

2. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Would this qualify for the urban dictionary or something similar?

3. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Fixed.

Yes. :D

4. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

he rides with passion and tries hard, the AMAZING thing is that e never gets hurt.

5. JD¹³

JD¹³ Turbo Slow

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

That's awesome :beer:

6. I really liked Xaus ... wanted to be like him ... till I totally Xaused my BMW at RRR ... $6000 later it's right again ... :confused: I need counseling on my role models.

ps: rode the s1000rr. Totally baddass scoot! Get to ride one at Barber on 6-7. Not gonna Xaus. Nope. :up:

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You didn't Xaus that bike. At best it was a half Xaus.

A full Xaus is beyond repair, or in the words of a famous Eurosport commentator, "Dear me. That bike is finished!"

8. random hero

random hero Banned

you called legs broke in half a non-injury.....

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I did it hours ago. :D

10. gixxerfever

gixxerfever Well-Known Member

the fact is the he has been often referred to as the rubber man because of his escaping unscathed after many crashes... sure he has gotten injured but for the amount of years he's been racing and the amount of crashes he's had, he has been pretty much injury free.

11. Sacko DougK

Awesome!! This should be fowarded to the him.

12. Bibendum

Bibendum Well-Known Member

Testing with him/ Ducati at Valencia in 2003, he crashed four maybe five times in ONE DAY! For sure, some very long looking faces on the mechanics.

13. Sacko DougK

I can't remember the exact quote but I loved this Rueben quote in Faster, "The first time was like awww fuck. Like with a woman for the first time". Would it have been that weekend?

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Add another one to the list.

15. BC

BC Well-Known Member

You forgot the proper pronunciation "Chowsed" :confused:

:D

16. BrianR6

BrianR6 Well-Known Member

ian, how many times do i have to tell you... who cares how fast you are, if you cant finish the race?

17. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

My new signature! Doug's complete name would be appreciated for full credit.

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Carlos Checa. When he was racing 250's, Cycle News saw fit to put in the sidebar column the number of times he crashed at each GP. When Alberto Puig was out with injuries from the 500 class, everybody thought that team owner Sito Pons was completely insane to replace him with Checa. For some reason he actually calmed down a little on the big bikes.

19. SlyRy

SlyRy Registered user

good ol' Careless Checa

20. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Not sure about his crash count but add another one and one more for JT because of Xaus.